Thursday, September 10, 2015

New Lens

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog's inspiration this month has several kits and one of them is the Project Life Kit. One of my guys had gotten me some project life cards and a set of sheet protectors and there's no time like the present to start using them, well at least the sheet protector on this layout. I did a double page layout using the Counterfeit KitSummer Festival, the first page is the titled Little Things.

Instead of using  project life cards, I fussy cut the daisies so that they would show inside the 4x6 inserts. I wanted them to show without covering them up.  For the 2x12 piece I used the top part for the title, the bottom for the date and the middle is the Fuchsia picture cut so that it carries over to the next insert.


I made another tag journaling spot and slit the top of the so that my journaling will rest behind the daisy.  I used more of my DIY Washi Tape on the tag. My title is on the left side with a few flower elements and the camera wood veneer (the camera is glued to the outside of the pocket). The middle has more journaling just to list the flowers.


I added the date to this bottom along with a few more flower elements and a couple banners since the other page has banners on it.

The top right pocket has a couple more banners and I used the same punch as an accent on the page.


I kept the bottom on the outside of the pocket. I didn't want just one element on the outside pocket.


Thanks for stopping by.

September 2015 Counterfeit Kit -  Summer Festival
3 - Forgeries
6 - 12x12 Layouts
6 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
1 - mini album
  - Cards

Recipe:
September Counterfeit Kit:
Paper: DCWV - Photo Reel Stack - The Daisy paper and The Everyday Essentials Stack; Cardstock: Gray, Black, Purple, yellow and White; Vellum
Ink: VersaMagic - Purple
Stamp: Unity Stamps KOTM ; Papertrey Ink - Tabbed
Punches:  Marvy 3/4" circle and a Hole Punch;Martha Stewart - Spiral Arches; EK Success - mini Heart
Misc.: Adhesive, Beads, Button, DIY Washi Tape, Embroidery Floss,  Paper Clip,  Sequins, Wood Veneers ,Yarn and Zots.

4 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

This turned out so beautifully! Fun using it more as a page than Project Life.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow that is so cool :) Great idea for a theme too :) Don't just love when you can right in there for photos :)

sassyscrapper said...

Gorgeous photos!

Lisa said...

I'm still struggling to get to grips with 12x12 pocket pages but I live in hope of starting PL!