Monday, January 2, 2017

Sympathy and Thank You Cards

I needed to make a sympathy card - the only one I had in my stash is a little note card (3" x 3") that you would attach to a flower arrange or a plant. This one needs to go into the mail. I pulled out the Winter Woods Stamp as it is so easy to make a quick Sympathy card. I used an embossing folder on the background paper, then stamped the image, tore the bottom and attached the ribbons.




Thank You Card:
I used my January Counterfeit Kit for this card
Well we had to put Miss Izzy down last month and I needed to get a Thank You Card out to our Vet. This one I have put off long enough.  They have been absolutely wonderful, always so caring about Miss Izzy and the staff sent us a wonderful card.



So I pulled out my Chihuahua stamp as it is so fitting on the front. I used a piece of the Crate Paper 6x6 pad – Portrait Collection for the background and trimmed down the stamped image. 


I added just a bit of the pattern paper behind my stamped "Thank You" panel and a few of the square rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by.
January Counterfeit Kit - New Beginnings
2 - cards

Recipe:
Sympathy Card
Stampin’ up – final press
Colorbox – Chestnut; Stazon Timber brown
Rubber Stampede – Winter Woods
Misc. Ribbon

 
Thank You - Card
Crate Paper 6x6 pad – Portrait Collection
Square rhinestones
Chihuahua stamp and thank you stamp
Colorbox – Chestnut
Misc. Ribbon

6 comments:

Susanne said...

Nice cards, you are off to a quick start this year.

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful cards. So sorry for your loss of your furry friend, I can understand why this would be hard to do, but a beautiful card to send to the Vet

Julene Matthews said...

Both gorgeous cards for their different purposes.
A sweet idea to thank the vet.

Susan said...

Lovely! I need to remember to use my kits to make some cards. So sorry for the loss of your pet.

Kelly Sroka said...

Very pretty cards! Love the dog!

Julia said...

Lovely cards!! Especially love the embossing on the first card.