Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Forgeries on the Fourth - January

It's Forgeries on the Fourth at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog today. I had two papers I really wanted to duplicate one is the Kemala Paper with the wonderful tiles and the other is the backside of the Kemala Paper with the stenciled doily.

This one took a while for me to do but I love the way it turned out. I thought my flourishes stamp set resembled the doilies on the Kemala Paper.



So I lined the stamps up on the Misti and stamped in a variety of blues. Since I was cutting the tiles out with scissors, I just kept cutting the 12x12 white cardstock down to 4" and stamped another color of blue.


 After all the blues were stamped I cut down the tiles by color and added them to another 12x12 piece of white cardstock. I just used my ATG tape for a row at a time.


I love the way it turned out. I didn't measure anything just eye balled it and moved on. I have a few gaps but that can be covered up with pictures.

I used my Silhouette to cut the Doily Stencil from Monica's Creative Room. She has a lot of files you can use and this one is Layered Doily #20. I then used a piece of brown cardstock and sponged on the acrylic paint in the top right side, pulled the stencil off and waited for it to dry.  After it was dry I thought it need and outline so just held it in place and painted around the stencil.


Don't forget to check out the Forgeries on The Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

January 2017 Counterfeit Kit -
12x12 Layouts
8 1/2 x 11 Layouts


Recipe:
Silhoutte, Stencil paper,
Monica's Creative Room Layered Doily #20.
Stamps: Inkadinkado - Flourishes
Inks: Stampin' Up - Ballet Blue, Bermuda Bay, Brocade Blue , Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy;
Martha Stewart - Dark Blue, Ocean and Sea Lavender
Acrylic Paint: Antique White

No comments: