Friday, September 8, 2017

Recycling

Christy from Christy's Beautiful Life is doing 30 Days of Sketches on her YouTube channel. Her first video is using the January 15, 2017 Stuck?! sketch from Laura Whitaker which can be found on her Pinterest board.


When I selected my papers this month I knew I wanted to use the Recollections Tan Quilt and Blue Tan Plaid paper for the pictures of a local playground that was donated to Kids Around the World. It was recycled and sent to another country. At this time I'm waiting for my photos so I will add them when they come in.


From my reject box I pulled out the map tag and cut it in half, punched the hole, added twine and placed it on the top and bottom of the layout. The red hearts were originally white and I colored them red.


I stamped the leaves on white cardstock and spray misted them. I was going to use it as a border but didn't like the look, so I cut them apart. In the embellishment cluster I have the heart, leaf, and sequin.

Thanks for stopping by.

September Counterfeit Kit - Enjoy the Little Things
1 - 12x12 Layouts

September 100 Pattern Paper Challenge - Use Stamps on your layout
1 - 12x12 Layouts

1 - Christy's Beautiful Life - 30 Days of Sketches

Paper:The Paper Studio Pearlized cardstock and Tattered and Worn stack, Recollections - Tan Quilt and Blue Tan Plaid; White and Gray cardstock; Unknown tan cardstock
Ink: Distress Ink -black soot and gathered twigs
Stamp: Imaginisce - Apple Cider Collection "leaves"
Misc.: Alphabet Stickers - unknown DIY mists, glue dots, red Sharpie, and twine

2 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

This will be a nice layout when finished. Great work!
Thanks for your comments on my blog, I sometimes wonder who is out there. :)

Susanne said...

Nicely done.