Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Oh Chrsitmas Tree

Today my layout is based on the sketch Christy from Christys Beautiful Life youtube channel used for Day 2 of her 30 days of sketches two and am using some of the papers I've included in my Counterfeit Kit.

My youngest texted me a picture in early December when he was out staking. It's picture of three pine trees decorated for Christmas.  It's unusual for him to come across this as the land is just starting to be developed.



I trimmed off a pice of the Light Loops paper and used a scallop border piece I had on my desk. I layered the papers behind the photo, punched a couple of ornament shapes, printed out the journaling on photo paper and trimmed it down.


I had everything glued down then realized I hadn't used my stamp so I covered up the pictured and stamped then pulled the tree and ornament off and stamped again.  The rub on sheet has ornaments so I cut two of them out and added the larger one at the top



The two trees are fussy cut from the "Pine" paper. The star die I included in my kit was to large for the layout so I brought in a couple of wood veneer stars.
Thanks for stopping by.

January Counterfeit Kit - Holiday Joy
1 - 8 1/2x11 Layout
2 - Cards

Recipe:
January Counterfeit Kit - Holiday Joy
Paper: Crate Paper – North Pole Collection “Pine”; Recollections Lt blue cardstock;  Pressed Petals – Christmas Stack; TPC Studio – Christmas Cheer “Light Loops”; DCWV – red scalloped paper; Holly cut from the Paper Wishes Shaped Card set
Distress Ink: broken china and gathered twigs
Punch: Stampin’ Up – Ornament Punch
Stamp: Stampin’ Up –  Extreme Elements
Pinkfresh Studio – gold Foiled Die Cuts “ December days”
Alphabet: Tim Holts Label Letters
Rub On: Kaiser Craft "Dash Away All"
Misc.: Adhesive, Scissors and wood veneer

4 comments:

Susan said...

That light paper is really cute and I like the white background - it really makes those colorful embellishments pop off the page!

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout Cindy :) Looks like it'll be a fun month over there at Christies with the sketches

LCSmithSAVED said...

Perfectly festive page for that cute photo!

Lori said...

Very pretty, Cindy! I love the border down the side.