Tuesday, March 6, 2018

CKC March Mini Kit Reveal - Here's The Story

Today on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is the Mini Kit reveal. I signed up for the Mini Kit this month to challenge myself to make a smaller kit and use it up right away.

Our inspirational kit this month is a kit Susan made "Little Bits of Happy"



I love the kit Susan put together. The oranges, yellows, greens and turquoise, stars and hearts, a little cloud, a few journaling cards, tags and of course the labels.

Here is my Mini Kit for March - Here's the Story.



Now I normally start with my 12x12 pages and then work on my youngest but this time I started with his. I have included in my kit papers from a 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper pad, a partial sheet of 12x12 paper for journaling, black washi tape, alphabet stickers, project life cards, die cuts a couple of doilies and sequins.

I usually make a much larger kit and document what ever photos I want through out the month.  This time I am documenting a trip DH and I took to Minot, North Dakota to spend a long weekend with my youngest. Since he moved there he comes home for Thanksgiving and we bring Christmas to him. So we get to see him twice a year. I do send lots of care packages to him through out the rest of the year. And yes I decorate the outside of the package and send to his office.

Pages 1 and 2 use 2 - 4x6, 2 - 4x3 and 2 - 2 x4 pockets.


I used a piece of acetate to place my title on along with a couple of different alphabet stickers.  I sprinkled around some of the enamel dots and added the punched hearts throughout the pictures.
I thought the die cut that says "Today Your Story Begins..." was perfect for this story. The problem is that you see white cardstock on the opposite side. To start I covered the backside with some gold colored cardstock.

Page 2:
I have lots of pictures of the Scandinavian Heritage Park we walked through. I finally added a doily to cover up the back of the die cut and a few embellishments. I was going to make a sequin pocket but liked this better.



I packed a few scrapbooking supplies and some crochet to do on the way. The guys had scheduled a golfing day and I was going to scrap.  When we got to Doug's he had his Ninja Turtles towels hanging in his bathroom. It so made me smile and I had to snap a picture.  The guys loved the Turtles when they first came out.


Page 3 and 4 I switched it up a bit with 4 - 4x4's and 2 - 4x3 pockets

 
I used a couple of the labels from my kit and the wood veneers, then remembered I had the enamel dots in the bright colors so added a few starts to my journaling.   I keep a little container with left overs from other projects and that is where I found the stamped saying "Love believes all thing, hopes all things, endures all things." along with the tag, punched flower, stamped feather and punched heart.
 

The last page had some more of the elements from the kit and a few more pictures from the Scandinavian Heritage Park. The bottom of the page is a picture of Izzy ready for nap as we head home. The journaling reads " Headed home and Izzy needs a nap. It's a lot of work visiting." I still have to finish my 12x12 pages and will link them up on the CKC blog.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and link up your projects here. You can also post at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community or on Instagram.

Recipe:
CKC Mini Kit March - Here's The Story
Paper: partial sheet of 12x12 paper from Me & My Big Ideas in the back; Assorted pattern paper, 4 1/2 x 6 1/2, from The Paper Studio "Murphy's Square and Ninth Street;
Alphabets:  Recollection Clear Alphabet Stickers, Unknown Black Alphabet; Basic Grey - Lemonade alphabet stickers;
Die Cuts from My Mind's Eye - "Everyone has a story to tell"
Project Life Cards: My Min's Eye - "Everyone has a story to tell"; Becky Higgins - "Hi Sunshine"
Misc.: Adhesive, DIY Labels, enamel dots,  Heart Punch, Sequins, Washi Tape, wood veneers and zots.



2 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Applause! I’m curious... did you use it all up?

cinmfoster said...

No I have some left for my pages. I'll post photo when I finish them.