Wednesday, April 18, 2018

As Fresh As Springtime - Counterfeit Kit Challenge 2

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog's Challenge #2 is As Fresh As Springtime - What is spring like where you live? Do you do anything special in the Spring that you don't do throughout the other seasons of the year? Is Spring special to you in any way? Make a Spring- themed project.

Today's layout show cases a photo I took April 4, 2018 from the patio looking out to the back yard.  We had another snowstorm so Spring is delayed some more, Where is Spring is the title of my layout.



I started with the yellow checked scrap paper I had included in my kit and when I turned it over it had this lovely blue, green and red water colored look.  I printed out my pictured a couple of times and used the 1 1/2" punch to punch out pieces of my pictures. I then used the larger punch for the white mat on each of my squares and inked the edges. I trimmed a 1/2" from the yellow paper and made a border for the blue paper.  The arrow is pointing to the 4 4 18 which is the date I took the picture.


I had the layout finished then I decide that I needed to add some yellow behind the doily and on the left where my journaling was going to go. I used a small acrylic stamp block with the scattered straw distress ink and water to make the distressing.



After that I placed the stamped doily added some rub ons, rhinestones then pulled out some green foam and die cut the leaves.



Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and check out the rest of Challenge inspiration. Master Forgers Leslie, Margie and Laura have some springtime inspiration for you.

3 - 12x12 Layouts
 1 -  8 1/2x11 Layouts
 2 -  12x12 Project Life
  1-   8 1/2x 11 Project Life
    - Planner Pages
  1- Cards
   - Tags

April Counterfeit Kit - Are we having fun

Recipe:
Paper: Fancy Pants - Mille & June paper pad, DCWV -white cardstock; Scrap of yellow papttern paper
 Punch: McGill - 1 9/16 Square, Marvy 1 1/2" square
Rub Ons: 7 gypsies
Ink: distress ink - brushed corduroy and scattered straw.
Embellishments: stamped doilies, die cut arrow and DIY flowers from Forgeries on the Fourth
 Misc.: Adhesive, rhinestones, flowers, fabric butterfly and Zots.

1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

This layout is lovely. So many adorable pieces on it.