Friday, November 15, 2019

Established 2019

In my November Kit I included several cut files. The first one is from Page Evans' Happy Scrappy Place Facebook group. She has lots of free cutting files on her group. Well I fell in love with the lightbulbs and they were perfect for one of the icons in our inspiration kit.

I have this love/hate relationship with my Silhouette. Sometimes it will allow me to cut, sometimes it will cut the file wonky, sometimes it won't cut. This month I was lucky and was able to cut several files for my CKC - Here and There. With this file this the top did not cut correctly, so I cut my lightbulbs apart. I used the tree 6x6x paper pad I included with my kit to back the cut file. OMG - this took forever, but was so worth it. I had glue and little pieces of paper everywhere.


For my oldest son I used the Maggi Holmes - Style Board Paper. I trimmed a off  two sides and distressed the edges. then backed it with tan cardstock. I added the bird chipboard, a couple of punched birds and branches. I added white cardstock behind the sticker and made a pocket card to fit into the Journaling Pocket. I did add a bit of foam tap behind the leaves in a couple of places to add dimension. Then I added the sequins.


For my layout I again used the Maggie Holmes paper, distress the edges and backed with tan cardstock. I pulled a few of the stickers, backed with white cardstock and made a journaling card to fit in the journaling pocket.

For my youngest son I used a ColorBox  paper as I only had the two papers from Maggie Holmes.  To keep the Chevron pattern in the middle of the paper I lightly folded it in half and cut the 12x12 paper down. I again added the light bulbs and birds.  I cut down a Journaling card, added the "lead with your heart", bird and branch to the card.

I made sure that the word "love" was placed onto each of the layouts. I only had two of the bird wood veneers left so I made sure to add it to my youngest's layout as I had the paper from Maggie Holmes. If I don't have "3" of something I like to spread them out so that each layout has the theme going. 

CKC - Here and There
4 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
4 - Cards

Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge November - CKC - Here and There
Paper: Maggie Holmes - Style Board; Colorbok Mint Julep; Kraft, White and Tan Cardstock; 6x6 paper pads; Pink fresh - Everyday Musings; Amy Tangerine - On a Whim; Crate Paper - Good Vibes
Punch: Stampin' Up - Bird Builder
Cut File: Page Evans - Light Bulbs
Misc. Adhesive, Die cut "LOVE", Distress Tool , Indigo Hill - Ephemera pack, Pink fresh - Journaling Pockets and Pocket Cards, Sequins: 28 Lilac Lane - Spring Butterflies and Fairy Sparkle, Wood Veneer - Birds and Zots

3 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Fantastic use of the die cut Cindy and your pages look stunning!

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: your layouts using the dangling light bulb cut files are fantastic! You've isolated a key design motif from the inspiration kit to use over and over again...and it is so trendy! Perfect!!!

Tara O said...

I love the use of your cut files this month! They are so beautiful and really make your layouts!!!!