Monday, November 18, 2019

Squirrel Antics

Today I pulled out the DCWV - Textures and Natural Paisly paper for my layout. In my November Counterfeit Kit  Here and There I included the Star Cut file. As I was tracing the file on the back of my paper  trying to omit the stars, I realized I and another circular file that didn't cut correctly so I pulled that out, finished cutting it up with an xacto knife and used that instead.  I used the inside of a few pieces to put around the outside.


The photo in the middle is of the squirrel hanging from the top of the bird feeder and eating the feed.  I keep blaming it on the birds that this one feeder is emptied as soon as I fill it up. I guess it's not the birds.
We were getting a little bit of snow that day and I happened to be in the right spot at the right time to see the three squirrels at the feeders. I was able to get quite a few pictures of them running around and eating the bird seed.

I matted the photos onto red cardstock and placed them in the circle. The title is around the outside of the circle with a snowflake cut down to fit between the words. I pulled a few branches I had left over from my September Counterfeit kit - Fun Times to help balance out the title. That is also where the banner pieces came from. 


Each of the snowflakes uses a gold puffy star in the center of it. The card stock I was matting with was a piece of scalloped cardstock and I used the scallops as accents around the page. 





We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.

You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2019).


CKC - Here and There
5 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2x11 Layouts
4 - Cards

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge November: CKC - Here and There
Paper: DCWV Textures and Natural, DCWV Photo Real (background paper), Tim Holtz cardstock and DCWV white and scalloped red cardstock.
Punches: Xcut large - icy snowflake, McGill - Crystal and Fiskars Intricate Punch - Snowflake
Misc.: Adhesive, Alpha stickers - Basic Grey Recess Nano Set, Forgeries on the Fourth - Labels and Leaves from September,  MS Sparkle and Co - gold star puffy stickers. Silhouette cut file,

2 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

He he, cheeky squirrels. I love your layout and cute photos. Using a circle behind the photos is an idea I'd forgotten.

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: Hey! I'm stopping by to share some blog love with you! Your layout is so clever! The multi-circles whether using cut files or looped thread or cording has been trendy this year--loved seeing it included on this layout because it goes very well with your story of the squirrels running around your feeders! I've loved seeing how you've been inspired to use your November CKC kit!