Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Forgeries on the Fourth

Let's take a look at the Counterfeit Kit  Inspiration Kit from The Secret Not Secret Kit Club that Khristina Sorge made for us.


You can check out the individual pieces by clicking here.
Besides the Viewfinder, airplanes, camera, Karate people and Nintendo Controller I made a few more forgeries.


I love the Heidi Swapp Wolf  Pack Woodsy paper that was included in our Inspiration Kit this month.
I don't have a tree stamp that is large enough for the trees and I was to impatient to wait for paint/watercolor to dry, so I started looking through my Cricut Cartridges for pine trees and settled on the Camp Out Cartridge

I cut a bunch of trees, 24 per color, out of tan, off white, and two different colors of green. I did cut two sheets of the dark green pine trees as I make three pages of this one.  I was not particular on making sure all the little inner pieces of the tree were removed when I pulled it off the mat.

I figured out my layout across the page then used my Zyron to add the glue base and started making my paper. I did not mix it up like in the inspiration paper.

The light green paper has a bit of shimmer to it, it's an old DCWV but I do not know which paper pad. 

Paper Number two is the Vicki Boutin Kaleidoscope Say Cheese paper. 


I used a stamp that has three camera in a row to make my paper.  Using the Kraft cardstock, embossing ink and white embossing powder I stamped away, one row at a time, then heated that row and went onto the next row.


My cameras are larger than the inspiration piece and I have a couple of boo boo's on the right side. My embossing ink was really juicy, but I can easily cover it with embellishments.

In the Inspiration Kit we had Circle Words Epoxy Flair
and the Boys Will Be Boys Stamp Set
So I pulled out a couple of dies - Button dies  for the round element and arrow dies for the crossed arrows in the stamp set.  I just cut them out of the leftover papers from the trees. I will keep them out so that I can cut more to match my layouts as I scrap book and need other colors.


I know there were not leaves butterflies and hearts in the kit but they will work well on my pages.



Thanks for stopping by.

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.
You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2019).


Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit - CKC Fun Times
Kraft, white, green, light tan off white cardstock
Cricut cartridge: Camp Out
white embossing powder and Embossing Ink
Stamp: Unity Kit of the month May 2017 {free your dreams}
Dies: Stampin' Up Embosslits - Beautiful Wings, Sweet Buttons; Becky Higgins Project Life Nest Dies - mini banner; Monstera Leaf and Leaf Sample dies; Paper Smooches - tiny hearts; Unknow flower center; Art C stamp and die - Southwestern
Zyron

3 comments:

Susanne said...

I applaud your forging!!

Lisa said...

The idea of die cutting those trees for the paper is inspired! Great stuff. There are some super ideas there and it's too to point out how little tweaks make them more useful for your! Thanks for joining in this month Cindy!

Julene Matthews said...

Fabulous ideas Cindy. I love those little pine trees.