Friday, September 6, 2019

Archi - Scraps Challenge - Horses

Well I don't know what I was thinking when I pull my September Counterfeit Kit - Fun Times.  I pulled a bunch of paper that I only had one sheet left and I normally have two or three sheets. Normally that means that I am making one page instead of my normal three pages. Well I made three today.  Archi-Scraps Challenge for the month of September is "Horses".


 I just love their inspiration photo.

Well I thought "I've got this!!" Do you think I could find a picture of branding, moving cows from one pasture to another, a trail ride, hauling hay in the winter, barrel racing, or even roping? Heck I would have settled for one of the parades we were in. Goodness I've lived on the back of our horses since I could walk, I know I have horse pictures. So I dug some more and found these pictures of the Jousting at the Renaissance Festival a couple of years ago.


My paper is from my third set of paper and it's perfect for this layout. I added some colorful banners on the top left to represent the colors on the horses. I cut the shaft of the arrows down and glued it on top of each other. I started to use my alphabet dies for the title but switched to the stickers as they were just to big.

My journaling reads:
The Renaissance Festival was moving to a new location We stopped and had breakfast on the way. Left our tickets at home and had to have Doug meet us with them (good thing he was home).


I used a couple more of the arrows on the top of layout then a tag I had in my stash. I wanted to leave a spot for their journaling. The center picture is popped up on craft foam so they can tuck pictures behind it.


As for my youngest's layout I cut down the photo mat just a smidgen then added smaller one to the left.

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. 
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.

You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2019).


CKC- Fun Times
4 - 12 x 12 Layouts
2 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
4 - cards

Recipe:
Counterfeit Kit Challenge September - CKC Fun Times
Paper: Teresa Collins "On the Edge" Shields and Words, Unknown Light Blue Paper; K & Company - Dark Colors Basics Pad, DCWV Neutrals cardstock matstack and misc. scraps for the banner
Martha Stewart - Photo Corners Punch
Die: Cuttlebug Feathers and Arrows and Embossing Plus Folder - Tags
Alphabet Stickers - Ali Edwards
Misc.: Adhesive, gray Embroidery Yarn, and Zyron

6 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Cindy this looks fabulous. I'm so glad you were inspired by Archiscraps theme.Thanks for joining us.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love seeing you over here with your CKC kit :D Great set of pics for the prompt - had to laugh about you not being able to find any of your expected photos!

Time on My Hands said...

Oh Cindy what a fabulous page and the photos look great. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

Lisa said...

I think it's so funny to hear that the photo searching process happens to others too! You just know that you have photo a b or c, but can you find them!?!? Great layout Cindy!

Lori said...

Cindy - these layouts are fantastic! I feel your pain on the photos! Sometimes my problem is just finding where I put them, too!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Cute story about your tickets. Glad all worked out in the end. :-) Thanks for joining in at Archiscraps this month.