Saturday, January 2, 2021

Archi - Scraps Challenge

 The challenge at the Archi-Scraps is to feature mushrooms, toadstools or other fungi on your page.  I think the Design Team had a look at my camera roll and realized I had these cute mushrooms I have not talked about. 

I used a Paige Evans cut file from one of her news letters, but she has a ton of free files on her Facebook page Page Evans - Happy Scrappy Place.  One of my scrapbooking goals this year is to either get my Silhouette to work or trash it. Well wouldn't you know it worked to cut this file and another one for the Counterfeit Kit Club. 

Then of course the challenge becomes what do you do with it? I backed this with scraps from my scrap pile. I just didn't know what to dot as mixed media background so I wimped out and used paper. I have three full sheets of paper on this layout. First is the cardstock and second is the pattern paper behind the polka dot paper and third is the green polka dot paper. 



Then I added in sequins in the flower centers and circles in mushrooms. 

The pictures are actually matted onto white cardstock. I used the green polka dot behind then and a scallop punch on the same paper as the mushrooms are backed in. 



I added an orange polka dot mushroom a couple of fussy cut doilies and thread to the my journaling spot. I just needed a bit of color over there. I pulled the trimmed pieces onto the right hand side to make a bit of a border and bring what I had left over to this side. 

For the Archi-Scraps blog click here and for their Facebook page click here. They have a monthly challenge that is always intriguing and I love the photos they pick. 

Thanks for stopping by

Recipe:

Paper: DCWV - cardstock in tan 3 sheets, DCWV Photoreal (2018) and Recollections Home Basics Paper pad (2016), various scraps
Misc: Adhesive, fabric mushroom (really old unknown maker), sequins, thread,  DIY stamped doilies and Zots.

No comments: