Sunday, June 12, 2022

Challenge #1 - Off the Page

 Master Forger Kate's Challenge #1 is to Make Something With Your Kit Other Than a Scrapbook Layout. Some ideas are greeting thank you cards, decorative notebooks, mini album, recycled or upcycled items, wall art, DIY gift bags and tags.... the possibilities are endless. 

I pulled out my second set of papers from kit to make my mini album. 



I used my Cricut wit the Joys of the Season cartridge and cut the cup out at 6" My photos are 4x6 but I can crop  some of the sides and top off making it work on the cup.  I also added in a sheet protector to make a sequin page. I love the sequin pages but have not tried them before. I have a total of 7 cups and had to pay attention to how I cut them as a couple of the paper have a direction to them. 


Cover Page:



I used Papers: Pink fresh -Everyday Musings " Full of Joy: (2018) for the paper then added in stamped wreath from INSD's Forgeries, a stamped and fussy cut leaf, a stamped and inked tag, several flowers and leaves from my dies and the two cut aparts. The Heart charm is from the Bungalow Lame collection.

Inside Album Cover:


American Crafts - Hello Spring "Yummy Bunny" (2016) and I added a couple of tickets, a cut apart behind the photo, a DIY "enjoy the little things, silk flower and a puffy heart. 

Page 1:

Stampin' Up - Unknown year and collection. This was one of the directional papers that I had to make sure the butterflies were going in the correct direction. I added a large butterfly that I didn't use from a previous kit and a few puffy butterflies on the side. 

Page 1 back:

Blue Cardstock, gold heart, puffy heart and glitter heart, cut a part 

Page 2 and back of page 2:



I used the cup template from the previous page to seal the edges of the sheet protector keeping the top open. I put in the sequins (the ones I included in my kit were not enough to I added more) I made a couple of tags with sequins glued to the bottom of the tags and used a word sticker for the top of the tag. I have a Zot underneath the bird and butterfly to cover up the Zot. I did the same thing with the purple and blue sequins. After I liked the placement, I sealed up the top of the sheet protector and used the cup to seal the handle and cut everything out.  I'm quite happy with how this turned out. 

Page 3:

Stampin' Up - Unknown year and collection, a chipboard frame, flowers and enamel dots. 

Page 3 Back;

My Mind's Eye - Dilly Dally "Curious" (2012) and cut aparts and a die cut bird.

Page 4:

Jen Hadfield - Patio Party "Glow" (2017, a die cut "you are amazing" pieced behind the photo, Puffy arrow, plus sign and flower.

Page 4 Back:

Dear Lizzy - Stay Colorful "Glow" (2017), a gathered ribbon trim, vellum frame, die cur branch and birdie, flower a chip board flower.

Page 5:

 Pink fresh - Everyday Musings "Sweet Escape" (2018), a few flowers and enamel dots for the centers

Page 5 Back:

Pink fresh - Everyday Musings "Sweet Escape" (2018) - back side of paper. I had two of this paper and I used the second one for the back of the paper. The actual size of the cut file is 6 1/4" tall. I added in a pin wheel paper clip, arrow enamel and a glittery fun sticker (I'm pretty sure that came from one of the Scrapbook and Cards Today kits).

Page 6:

Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful "Retro Garden" (2017), the "darling" die cut has been in my stash from about 2007 and I don't remember from whom. the star rainbow is cut into to make it look bigger, and there is a puffy start and a star paperclip.

Page 6 Back:

Pink fresh - Everyday Musings "Happy Place" (2018)

Recipe:
Papers
: Pink fresh -Everyday Musings " Full of Joy: (2018), American Crafts - Hello Spring "Yummy Bunny" (2016), Jen Hadfield - Patio Party "Glow" (2017, American Crafts - Dear Lizzy "Stay Colorful" (2017). Pink fresh - Everyday Musings "Sweet Escape" (2018), American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful "Retro Garden" (2017), Pink fresh - Everyday Musings "Happy Place" (2018). Stampin' Up - Unknown year and collection, White Cardstock, My Mind's Eye - Dilly Dally "Curious" (2012), Stampin' Up - Unknown Year and Collection, Blue Cardstock.

Embellishments: Piggy tales - Georgie Porgiee Collection rub ons (Unknown Age), SEI stickers, Maggi Holmes "Gather" word stickers (2016), various chipboard and chip board frames, DIY Tags, ribbon, paper clips, various die cuts, flowers, a container of DSWV, Jen Hadfield Cut apart, I have a couple of Unity Stamp Company Kit of the Month and Prima wild and free stamp set,

No comments: