Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Blog Hop

 Welcome to Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog hop for March. I can't believe it is March - we just had approximated 22 - 24 inches of new snow last week. I am definitely ready for spring. Anna is the Master Forger in charge this month and this is what she has to say.

" I chose March fof my month to host because my son was born on March 17 (he will be 11 this year) and so I thought it would be fun to find a kit that could be used to scrap photos of my kiddo. In otherwards, not to much pink a little more green (St. Patrick's Day and all that). Well then I came across the digital kits from Traci Reed designs that have the same colors and even some of the same designs as Storyteller, her physical collection designed for Coco Vanilla, a company from Australia (yes, she's the genius behind that popular collection).The cool thing about a digital/printable kit is that there is no limit on how much she can create, and she always packs SO MUCH into her digital kits.

I also love that this collection has a very specific message of self-care for mental health and body positivity which is something I'd like to focus on more going forward.

 But first our Guest Designer is Amanda Castle

"Over twenty years ago, my mom bought me a scrapbooking kit from QVC. Thus began my journey into this wonderfully creative, addicting, and satisfying hobby. For many years, I was a stay-at-home mom to four kids, moving from place to place with my military husband, so scrapbooking became not only an escape from the stress and loneliness being away from family can cause, but also the creative outlet and ME time I craved. I have always been drawn to all types of mixed media and LOVE embellishments so much that a dear friend (who introduced me to stamping) dubbed me “the embellishment queen.” Today, I don’t get as much time to enjoy scrapping as I work both as a teacher and a realtor, so when I do, I love to participate in challenges. I had seen other scrappers participating in Counterfeit Kit Challenge and was beyond curious as to what it was—Enter Anna from Piece Craft Love. I am a member of her Facebook group and one day she mentioned the challenge. I asked about it and BOOM, here I am. February was technically my first month participating, but I had a blast and was so thrilled when Anna asked me to Guest Design for her month of March! I’m looking so forward to this month’s kit and the challenges coming up. It’s going to be a GREAT month!

Now for our Inspiration Kit. Introducing the Time to Thrive Digital and Printable Scrapbook Collection by Traci Reed — Traci Reed Designs







Now I am going roque this month. I didn't get any of the self-care, mental health, or COVID papers when they were available. So, I am basing my kit on the colors. I love the pops of poppy red, orange, green and blue in the kit.  I choose teal as I am very low on the dark blue paper, and I had more orange paper than the poppy red. 

Here is my CKC March 2023 - Adventure Begins Here:


Craft Smith - Sweet Mint Paper pad (2015), Dear Lizzy - Spring (2009), The girls Paperie (2010), Color Bock - Mint Julep (unknown)Little Yellow bicycle (2008), Unknown papers - left over from a paper pad. then the Shaped papers are Rhonda Farr (2007) Little Yellow Bicycle (unknown), Pink Paislee (2009 and 2010)

I pulled three set of Pocket cards, stamps, stickers and wood veneer for this month. 

I have March Stories by the month 2020, 2021 and 2022. There are a few pocket cards from each month, and I thought the wood veneer is perfect for this month's inspiration kit. In one of the other months there is a stamp that say something about taking care of you. When I find it I will add that to my kit.

I included quite a few 6x6 paper pad. The color combination works for the inspiration kit and they are all most used up. Fancy pants - Millie & June (2016) and Office Suite (2014,) Pink Fresh - Everyday Musings (2018), Pick Me Up (2008) and Jen Hadfield - DIY Home (2015).


I have three large stamps set for some card making - Unity Kit of the Month. June 2021 {magical summer days}, August 2022 {hope is stronger} and July 2022 {fresh air and sunshine) then I pulled in a Stamp and Die set, Pink Fresh Studio's Shaker tax dies, a polaroid die and a few small flowers. I still have my flower stamp and dies from last month along with the stickers I didn't use. I will add more if needed. 

Here is what I pulled that did not make the cut for my March Kit. To this means I do not have photos picked out to use with these papers. If I find ones, I want to use I'll use the add on set, if not it goes back into my stash.


DCWV - Old World Stack (2017), Jen Hadfield - Simple Life (206), Jen Hadfield - Heart of Home (2017), Simple Stories - Wood & Gingham (2017), Green Cardstock, Jen Hadfield - Patio Party (2017), unknown Polka dot, Kraft cardstock, DCWV - Old World Stack (2017), white cardstock DCWV Textures and Finished (unknow), American Crafts - Star Gazer "Happy" (2017"

Your nest stop on the Hop is Julene  -  http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com

Here is the full blog hop.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer: 
Amanda Castle https://youtube.com/@ajoyfulscrapper
Anna: https://www.youtube.com/@piececraftlove
Cindy: https://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com
Julene: http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
Lesliehttp://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
Tara:  https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com
Tina: http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com


6 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Fun kit Cindy. The shaped papers are a great addition and I notice a garden theme going on too. Enjoy yourself this month.

Clair said...

I always love it when someone goes rogue! ;)

Misty said...

You have some really cool papers tucked into your kit!

Tara O said...

This is a fun kit! I love that you went rogue!! I just couldn't this time, I needed to have an excuse to use my Cocoa Vanilla papers that I've been hoarding.

Anonymous said...

MF Leslie here: Rogue rules! 😁 I spied the garden tool paper in your first batch & love how you carried that hope throughout your lovely kit. Will be celebrating “Spring” right along with you, even if the snow is still here!

Susanne said...

Oh I miss some of those older paper companies a lot! I hope you enjoy your kit.