Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Treat Jars - Day 6

For Day 6 of the 12 days of Halloween I am altering a Frappuccino bottle.  I need a few to drop off for the ladies at work. Since my son loves these there is always a supply for me to recycle. Be sure to wash it out really well.  I peeled off the label before running it through the dishwasher.  I wasn't worried about the glue residue as I am covering that up.  If you want to remove the glue you will have to use a product like Goof Off or Goo Gone. 

 The scrapbook paper is cut 2 1/2" inches wide.  I then wrap it around the bottle to see where I can cut the extra off at. I then punched the spider web on a 5" piece of black cardstock and glued this to the inside of the designer paper.



Using the Decorative label I punched another designer paper for the background. On top of this is the white cardstock with a sticker from the Achievers Halloween kit. I then punched a the bird out of the black and glittered cardstock. I have a pop up dot behind the bird.




I used the Martha Stewart bat punch for this set of bottles.  You can make your own mix or buy a pre-mixed one.  I have a friend who is allergic to nuts so I always make my own concoction for her.

If you missed any of the other days click here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: Designer Paper - scraps from the Achievers Halloween Kit, cardstock - scraps of black and white, Best Creations Glittered cardstock - Champagne gem
Ink: Inkadinkado - terra cotta
Punches: Martha Stewart - Spiderweb border punch, Bat punch; Stampin' Up - Bird Builder, Decorative Label and Designer Label
Misc: pop up dots and adhesive.

1 comment:

scrappinlil said...

These are such a great idea and a great gift.....so clever. I might have to scraplift this idea...TFS