Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Make a Wish

Operation Write home had a challenge a couple of weeks ago, actually it was last month.  I wasn't able to play along at the time so I bookmarked the post for later.  Anyway the challenge was using scraps and there were several tutorials for cards using scraps.

Since I'm in the process of cleaning up my craft area I'm making a few cards along the way.  Instead of putting the scraps in my scrap pile, I'm picking a tutorial and making a card or two.  The card tutorials can be found here and there are quite a few to choose from.

Today my card is based on the Strip Sketches Tutorial.



I didn't measure the width of the strips instead I just used the strips I had left over from other projects and cut them to 3 1/2" long.  I then stamped my sentiment onto white cardstock and made a pennant edge then layered this onto brown cardstock. 



I stamped the bird and cut him out when he was dry.  The inside is matted with white cardstock and edged with another scrap piece of paper.

Thanks for stopping by.
1 card for OWH

Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the products mentioned.

Recipe:
Paper:(All paper except for the card base was from my scrap pile): Pattern Paper - Piggy Tales Kit; Unknown - white and brown cardstock
Stamp: TPC Studio - Jungle, Celebrations
Ink: Color Box - Orange; Autumn Leaves - brown
 Misc.: Adhesive, paper trimmer, scissors

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Cool idea! Love the border on the card and it is a good way to get rid of some scraps. TFS