Tuesday, July 10, 2012

You're never more than a thought away

I'm taking the Stretch Your Stamps class from Online Card Classes.  Yesterday's lesson was using background stamps and there were 5 different cards made using the same background stamp.  I'm unable to make the first card - I needed to use Cut N Dry Felt to make my own ink pad - so it will  have to wait until later. The second card was to stamp the background stamp and using a die to cut up the stamped image then piece it together.  I'm close with my card as I cut 1" squares and pieced the two colors of card stock back together.

I first cut my cardstock down to size of my block, then inked and stamped my image onto both colors of cardstock.



I cut my image down to 4" x 4 1/4" on this card. 


I cut my image down to3 3/4" x 4" on this card. 



Here's both cards together. 





Thanks for stopping by.

2 cards made for OWH.

Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, White, Vellum
Ink: Stampin' Up - Wild Wabasi, Brocade Blue
Punch: Stampin' Up - Curly Label Punch
Stamps: Stampin' Up - Whimsical Words, Delicate Doilies, Hello Doily
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Polka Dots
Misc: 1/8" ribbon, adhesive, pop up dots, Paper Cutter.

5 comments:

KatheD said...

I used Hello, Doily for this technique and considered making 1" squares, but didn't want to work that hard ;) Yours both look great! Did you use a stamp-a-majig to line them up?

cinmfoster said...

Hi KatheD: I didn't use the Stamp-a-majig. I cut my cardstock to the size of the stamps wood block, then stamped. I stacked both pieces of cardstock together then started cutting. I kept my piles in order by rows then gluded them onto a white base.

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful cards, love that stamp!

Margaret said...

Very nice. I didn't have the hexagon die either so I cut 3/4" squares. I placed them in a diamond cut and didn't put them back together like you did. I like both ways.

Jan☺ said...

Very beautiful card. Liked the inside too!