Monday, August 6, 2012

Red White and Blue - Celebrate

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" pieces of red cardstock scored at 5 1/2".  I cut the white cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4" and the blue cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5".


On the blue cardstock, I first stamped the Hello Doily in Brocade Blue so that part of the stamp is off my cardstock and used my heat gun to dry the ink.  I then stamped the flower and grass background from the Just Believe stamp set in Not Quite Navy and used clear embossing powder while the ink was still wet.  I then wrapped a piece of white ribbon around the bottom of the blue cardstock and attached it to the rest of the card.  Celebrate was stamped in Brocade Blue on white cardstock, punched with the word window punch and layered on top of the Modern Label punch.

I kept the inside pretty simple and just added a punch of 1/2" x 4 1/4" red cardstock which was punched with the Scallop Trim Punch.  I did in the white mat with Not Quite Navy.

Thank you for stopping by.

1 card for OWH.

Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock - red, white and blue
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Brocade Blue
Stamps: Stampin' Up Just Believe, Hello Doily
Punch: Stampin' Up - Scallop Trim Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Extra Large Punch
Misc.: adhesive, ribbon, clear embossing powder, scrap of ribbon

No comments: