Saturday, October 13, 2012

Altered Picture Frame

Miss Sophie is turning three this year and I decided to alter a picture frame for her.  I picked this one up from Michael's. I left the easel on the back that way they can decide to have it hanging or standing.

 
 
I started off by trimming the paper to fit each 4 x 6 window.

 
I used a chipboard tree that I covered with green cardstock on both sides and inked the edges.  The chipboard truck is also covered on both sides and inked.   The pink cardstock inside the frame is embossed .

 
I cut a the butterfly out of the pink cardstock and a piece of vellum.  The pink card stock is inked around the edges and the vellum is embossed.  I added a layer of rhinestone for the body of the butterfly. The ribbon is wrapped around the glass and the butterfly is attached to side of frame.


I covered both sides of the Chipboard letter "S" and inked the edges in green.  I made the ribbon rose  and glued it to the center of the "S".  The rhinestones were added from the center of the "S" out to the edges.


I added a bunch of flowers and buttons to the side of this frame.  I tucked in a couple of blue pom poms left over from a piece of trim.  Then I added the chipboard blue butterfly on top of a couple of buttons to make it a little bit higher.   To finish it off I add a couple of rhinestone swirls.


Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock - Stampin' Up -Vellum; Prima - Fairy Flora Collection "Garden Party"; DCWV - pink and green.
Embossing Folder: Stampin' Up - Elegant Line
Die: Stampin' Up - Beautiful Butterflies
Ribbon: 5/8" offray Ribbon, Orange ribbon for flower
Misc.: {Most of the embellishments are left overs from a Scrapbook Heaven Kit} Chipboard letter S, adhesive, pop up dots, hot glue, rhinestones, buttons, flowers, chipboard tree

No comments: