Monday, February 18, 2013

Presidents Day Weekend VCMP - Saturday Challenges

Operation Write home is host a Virtual Card Making Party (VCMP) for President's Day.  Here are my card for the Saturday Challenge.

Challenge # 1: Zig Zag your Cards
Erica  is hosting the first challenge on her block Scrapin' Intervention and it  is to make cards using zig Zags.  I've used the Cricut Cartridge Plantin Schoolbook for the zig zag on my card and Wildcard for my sentiment.


I've cut an extra zig zag for the inside of my card.


1 card for OWH

Challenge #2: All Creatures Great and Small; Cards for Kids:
The second challenge is by Misty at DeLiteful Gifts and it is to make a Critter Card.  I've used a stamp set that my oldest son had given me a couple of years ago.  There are 6 different dogs in this set and I only made 4 different card using the  dogs. 

 Everything for the cards was pulled out of my scrap pile.


I used the 2 1/2" circle punch and layered a second one behind my images.




4 Cards fir OWH

Challenge #3: Texture Omit/Selective Embossing Challenge:
Beth at Bunnyscrap has a great embossing challenge.  I used the a Sizzlits die to make my diffuser for this challenge.  She has a great tutorial on her blog showing you how to do this.



I added another punched leaf and a bit of ribbon on the inside of the card.

1 card for OWH

Challenge #4: Things with Wings:
Candy's at Penguinpapers challenge is to use wings on your cards.  I used the Hoot 'n Holler cartridge for my owls for this challenge. 




2 cards for OWH

Challenge #5: Disappearing Act with Sketch #63:
Leslie at The Crooked Stamper is using 12x12 paper to make six card with sketch #63.  I've used Paper Lace II for my sentiment instead of stamping. 


6 Cards for OWH

Thanks for stopping by.
14 cards for OWH

Recipe:
Paper: Card stock: Recollection Card Bases; Unknown scraps for rest of projects
Stamps: Gel-a-tins: Pups; Stampin' Up: Whimsical Words;
Cricut Cartridges: Plantin Schoolbook and Wildcard, Hoot 'n Holler, and Paper Lace II
Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug - Textile
Die: Sizzix: Decorative Label Set #4 - Ornate Label #5

3 comments:

cinmfoster said...

Leslie Hanna has left a new comment on your post "Presidents Day Weekend VCMP - Saturday Challenges":

Wow, another "I did them all" post. You people are making me feel like a slacker. :)

I love the paper you used for #5. Those are my go-to colors these days. Thanks so much for playing my challenge!

Erika said...

You've accomplished quite a bit with all of these cards. I love the paper you made the chevron from - wish I had that Cricut cart! Nice job on all of these cards. Thanks for playing along in my challenge!

Misty said...

You are doing great! I love all the doggies. *Groan* You're telling me I did NOT have to make my own chevrons? I didn't know Plantain had one...waaaaa!

Thanks for playing along with my part of OWH VCMP.

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net