Thursday, July 11, 2013

Heartfelt Sympathy

I needed a Sympathy card today for a co -worker and this is what I came up with.  I  started with a black card stock base and added a dark green base next.  I embossed the orange card stock with the Textile folder. 


 
I use the flower stamp from Unity's KOTM for April 2012 and clear embossed it.  After coloring it in I punched the corner and added the ribbon and  brad to the front of the card.  The brad started out as a bright neon green and I toned it down by using ink and clear embossing powder until I got to this color.

Since this card is for everyone in the office I needed some extra writing room so I have white mats on both sides of the inside. I added a black punched border to one of the sides.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: Recollections - white, black, orange and green
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month April 2012 {Follow your own}; My Sentiments Exactly - sentiment
Ink: Stampin' Up - Poppy Parade; Stazon - Jet Black; Inkadinkadoo - burgundy, olive green
VersaMark - Midnight black, pearlscent olive and pearlscent ivy; Distress Ink - vintage photo
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug - Textile
Ribbon: Celebrate It 5/8"
Punch: Stampin' Up - Scallop Trim
Misc.: clear embossing powder, brad, adhesive

No comments: