Thursday, November 7, 2013

hearts home holidays Mini Album

Here's a little mini album finishing off the paper from my Thanksgiving Blessing album. I followed the tutorial  from the "Give Thanks" mini album that Patti Milazzo did.   First off this is a really long post. You may click the pictures to see them in more detail.  The album height is 5 1/2".  I punched my holes for the rings at 1 1/2" off of center.  All of my edges are inked with Vintage Photo distress ink.

The cover is 5 1/2" x about 2 3/4" wide.  I started with a a rectangle of 5 1/2" x 3" and traced a shaped page onto the rectangle then cut it out.  I added a punched shape to the center with my sentiment stamped and matted across the center. A few silk flowers and leaves tucked behind completes my cover.
 
On the back of cover I punched the same shape to cover the one on the front.  The banner is cut at 5 1/2" x 2" wide.  I attached a silk flower with a pearl to the corner.



On the back of the banner I stapled a bit of ribbon in the corner.  For the "Chilly Days" page, I cut 4" x 3 1/2" then punched on the 3 1/2" side.  I added a small piece of pattern paper and a silk flower at the bottom of the page. 


On the back of the "Chilly Days" page the tag is gut to 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" wide with a small stamped image in the corner and a piece of ribbon stapled to the tag.  The tag is cut at 4 1/2" x 3" wide with a piece of ribbon stapled to the top.



On the back of the tag I have two prima flowers with a button and crochet yarn at the top of the tag.  The "Joy" page is cut to 5 1/2" x 4" wide.  I used my 1 3/8" circle punch to make the label and stapled it onto the paper.  I added a small piece of punched blue paper then adhered the "joy" letters to the page. 

 On the back I stamped "together" and matted it and used foam tape to adhere it to the top of the page.  I added a small banner for journaling at the bottom of the page. The tag is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" wide. I've used the Stampin' Up Large tag with "imagine" stamped, a heart and a small bit of ribbon stapled to the top.

The back of the tag has a couple of silk flowers and a button with crochet thread on the bottom corner.  The next page is a pocket with a tag inside. I use an alphabet stickers "photos"  and added a mat in the center.  The pocket is 5 1/2" x 3 3/4" wide.  I added a bit of the ribbon to one side of the tag and a silk flower to the other side of the tag.


On the back I have a piece of pattern paper as a mat, I stamped "the love is all that matters" and mounted it on foam tape at the top with a rub on which is punched out with the  3/4" and 1" circle punches. For the Pennant journaling spot I cut it to 2" x 3 3/4" wide then punched the heart in blue paper and glued it to the the top.  I reversed my paper and punched another blue heart for the back of the pennant (picture below).



For the "home" page I cut the paper to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" then added a rub onto a punched piece of orange pattern paper. 

On the back I cut a piece of tan card stock then added a punched strip of pattern paper with "celebrate" stamped and punched out.  The tag is cut to 4 1/2" x 3" wide with a bit of ribbon stapled to the top.  I just love this scrap piece of paper and decided I need to use it.


I used the same paper on the back of the tag but added a flower, button and crochet thread to the top of the tag.  The "gratitude" page is 5 1/2" x 4 1/2" wide. 


On the back I added a pocket page spelling out traditions and added a rhinestone brad to the flower and a couple of silk leaves.  I have two mats tucked inside the pocket ready to go.  I have a banner journaling spot measuring 2 1/2" x 4 " wide.


  The "Life is Good" page is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" wide.


On the back is a pocket page.  I stamped "with a grateful heart" and mounted it onto a piece of pattern paper with foam tape.  I adhered a small bunch of silk flower behind it.  The pattern scallop paper was part of a border that I used to decorate the pocket.  I added a flower with a pearl on one side of the tag and ribbon to the other side of the tag in the pocket. The tag is 5" x 3" wide with a couple of the Prima Hydrangeas and a button in the center.


I stapled ribbon to the top of the to leave plenty of room to journal.  The next page is 5 1/2" x 4 3/4" wide.  I just added a flower with a pearl to the top corner of this page. 


On the back side I stapled the ribbon in the top corner and added a silk flower and maple leave in the bottom left corner.  I stamped "treasure" and adhered it to a punched shape with foam tape.For the last page I made a side pocket with a couple of mats already to go.  I have a piece of ribbon stapled to the corner of one and a flower with a pearl to the other.  I made a journaling spot by punching out the heart shape and adhering it to the top of the pocket then I used Glossy Accents in the heart shape.


Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: All of the paper in this Mini is from other projects. 
Stamps: Stampin' Up - Tiny Tags; Impression Obsession - Express yourself Word Play  (imagine, celebrate, treasure); Unity: July 2011 Kit of the Month {...better together} together; May 2012 Kit of the Month {Love in an Instant} - the love is all that matters,
Markers: Stampin' Up - Stampin' Write - Rich Razzleberry, Poppy Parade and Soft Suede;  Bic -
Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; VersaMagic - Coffee Bean, Midnight Black
Punch: Stampin' Up - Scallop Edge Border, Decorative label, Large Tag, 1 3/8" circle punch, Word Window; Paper Shapers - Folk Heart; Marvy - 3/4" and 1" circle punches.
Flowers:  Prima - Hydrangea No. 5, Unknown - silk and paper flowers
Alphabets: Pink Paislee - Whimsies - Chocolate(home); Piggy Tales - Georgie Porgie Collections (joy); Kaiser Craft - Mini Alpha Stickers Black & White, Unknown orange (photos)
Rub ons; Cherry Arte - I Love You (flowers on orange tag); 7 gypsies - elements
Ribbon: Sheer Creations 7/8"
Misc.: Adhesive, foam tape, hot glue gun, tiny staples, crochet thread, Stampin' Up - Pretties kit, Glossy Accents, Score Tape, buttons

No comments: