Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cherrio Fix

I haven't been able to do much scrapbooking or card making lately but I got home early last night so I thought I give it a try.  It's really hard for me to get back into it when you've not been doing it for awhile.  I just stared at my pictures trying to decide which ones to scrap and what papers from my Counterfeit Kit to use.  I finally just picked a set of pictures and a set of papers and this is what I came up with.

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is having a Wonderful World of Color Challenge along with their normal challenges this month. After I had this one all put together I realized that it works for the Wonderful World of color - Challenge #2 - Color Recipe Challenge of Black and/or White (or mix them together to make Grey) along with shades of one other color. 



I cut may cardstock down to 8 1/2 x 11 and the grey pattern paper to 8 1/4 x 10 3/4.  The photos are matted onto a black and grey pattern paper which is same paper as the top and bottom strips. 


I've added some more of the home made enamel dots along with some banners and yellow embroidery yarn.  I put the journaling tag at the top of the page with the banners pointing up. 
The journaling reads: Izzy waits for you at the top of the stairs. When you open the pantry door she is off and ready to get her "Cherrio Fix" with you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - May
2- 12x12 Layouts
1 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layout
 4 - Cards

Recipe:
Paper: Counterfeit Kit: DCWV Grey Cardstock, Lemon Flower Stack; K&I Memories - Clean Slate Blossom; Stampin' Up: Beyond the Garden; Dollar Store - Doily; Added to Kit: Unknown - Black pattern paper
Alpha stickers - unknown as they are from Mom's stash
Punch: EK Success - 2 Point Flag
Labels: Free print and cut from Happy-ness blog
Misc.: Adhesive, enamel dots, yellow embroidery yarn, scissors, sharpie marker-black and tiny attacher

4 comments:

Angela Toucan said...

like the staggered photo sizes, you've balanced that really well.

Tina Campbell said...

Your doing fantastic getting back into it :) This is a cool layout and I love the yellow with the black. Got to give the homemade enamel dots a try.

Jimjams said...

Fab page - love the photo series and those enamel dots work very well!

Tina Campbell said...

Congrats Cindy on winning the black and white challenge :)