Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop - Challenge 2 Zentangles

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop. You should have arrived here from Sherrie's Muddle Puddle Blog, if not you can start here and continue on or start at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog by clicking here. I have the whole list of the blog hop at the end of my post.

This month, you can choose to share any project you have made with your Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit which you have not shared on your blog yet. Your project could be related to any of three challenges or maybe just something you made with your kit. As a reminder, here are the three challenges this month:

This month, you can choose to share any project you have made with your Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit which you have not shared on your blog yet. You project could be related to any of the three challenges or maybe just something you made with your kit. As a reminder, here are the three challenges this month:
I choose Challenge #2 to incorporate Zentangles on my page. I found an elephant zentangle and am using that for my card and layout. I colored one with colored pencils and the other with sharpies.

For the card I trimmed it down matted it onto some of the blue paper from my January Counterfeit Kit. She loves elephants so hopefully she will like the card.





For the layout I used the same elephant but colored it with colored pencils.  I trimmed a bit of the blue background paper, distressed the edges and used pieces I had left over from other project to make a place for the photo to go.  I added one of the clothespins I included in Counterfeit Kit and the tracing paper left over from another layout the put the elephant on it.



From here you will hop on over to Jemma at Just Jimjams blog to see what she has created with her January Counterfeit Kit.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the rest of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog hop.

Complete Blog Hop:

Jemma    http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk


January Counterfeit Kit - New Beginnings
12 - 12x12 Layouts
6 - 8 1/2x11 Layouts
3 - cards

Recipe:
Paper:  Color Bok - Poolside paper pack; white cardstock and tracing paper.
Misc.: Adhesive, Colored Pencils, Distress ink and Sharpies, My Art - Clothespins


9 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Both ideas are inspired.Your colouring in is so neat.

Sara SCraps said...

So colorful and creative! Great job with your elephant!

Susan said...

What a gorgeous and intricate card - I'm sure she'll love it!

Sassy Breese said...

Thank you for sharing. It is interesting to see the difference between the two colouring agents on the same image.

Kelly Sroka said...

Beautiful elephant!

Lisa said...

Wow, those are gorgeous elephants! A card and a layout is a great idea when you are in the groove. Thanks for playing along this month! It's been great having you with us.

Tina Campbell said...

A cool elephant :) Love the layout and the seeing the differences with the coloring too. I've got a granddaughter that loves elephants also

Susanne said...

The way you've colored that really sets your page off nicely.

Julie H said...

OOOh, zentangles and elephants! What a great combination!