Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - And all at once . . .


Today is the blog hop at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog (I have everyone listed below). Challenge #2 is Autumn Equinox - Fall begins! We are to do a project about Fall - Anything Fall related - leaves, apples, cold weather etc.

My layout today is about the fall colors. Sometimes in Minnesota we just get brown leaves but last year we had a beautiful display of fall colors.  I snapped these pictures as we were headed over to the guy's place.


On the backside of the leaf paper is a woodgrain pattern - two for one. I matted the pictures onto brown cardstock then layered onto my pattern paper.  I pulled out a couple of the glittered leaves I made and used one of the acetate picture frames which was in my tin of cast - offs. The black leave in the top has black glitter on it - just not showing well in the pictures. 


I stamped the say in dried marigold and then reinked (not evenly) with gathered twigs so that I got a two tone look. I then cut it apart and inked all the edges with gathered twigs.  The leaves are stamped with dries marigold and rusty hinge and fussy cut.



I sprinkled a few of the wood grain sequins around each of my clusters. 



Here's everyone on the hop: 
Janet -  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCMeLWSKaY5s56xAeyiu7bg
Leslie - https://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
Laura -  https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/

We love seeing your work, so be sure to share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using the Link-Up page on the blog, posting the Counterfeit Kit challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram(you can find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and share with the #counterfeitkitchallenge).

Thanks for stopping by.

September Counterfeit Kit:
3 - 12x12 Layout
2 - cards

Recipe:
Paper: Recollections - brown  and white cardstock; Echo Park - A Perfect Autumn "lovely leaves"; DCWV - The Timeless Texture Stack
Forgeries on the Fourth: Acetate picture frame; Glittered Leaves
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company - KOTM August 2014 {Summer Collapsed into Fall}
Cricut: Accent Essentials and Everyday Paper Dolls
Ink: Distress Ink - dried marigold, gathered twigs and rusty hinge
Misc.: Adhesive, DIY Labels and Sequins
 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The photos look lovely and isn't it a double win when both sides of th paper work for your layout!?!