Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Forgeries on the Fourth

Good Moring! Today is Forgeries on the Fourth at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. Our inspiration kit was the Noel Migon "Apple Crisp Classic Kit" from September 2017.



I have glittered leaves, vellum embossed leaves, bows and canning jars that I am counterfeiting this month.

I wanted something different than the silk flower leaves with Stickles added to them, or by using the Wink of Stella pen. I first cut out a couple of leaves on various cardstock using my Cricut and the Accent Essentials and Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridges. I'm using a yellow red dark gray and brown cardstock for my leaves. I cut them out two different sizes.



I then covered part of my leaves with Score Tape. I'm using the 1 1/2" inch size, After cutting around the leaf with scissors I made sure the Score Tape was on really well by burnishing with the Scoring tool.


When I thought it was burnished enough I then sprinkled on the Glitter and sequins. This was the messy part. I did some of the leaves with just glitter, then some glitter and a sequin mix.


I then used a spray varnish to seal the sequins and glitter to the paper so that it doesn't rub off. To keep them from flying around I used a zot on the back of each leaf and put them onto a sheet of copy paper then sprayed them. I realize they are not archival safe but I'm fine with it.

The second set of leaves I made by stamping onto Vellum and heat embossing with clear embossing powder. I then used distress inks to color in the leaves.


I the pulled out my punch board to make a couple of bows. I hardly use my punch board for scrapbooking but thought this was the perfect opportunity.  I grabbed some double sided scrap pattern paper and made the smallest size bow. 



The inspiration kit had some canning jars in it. I decided I needed to include them in my kit. I found a tutorial using the Punch Board which can be found on Septeria18 You Tube channel.   I just love how the mini ones turned out

I added a couple of label from my punches. I have no idea on how I am going to use them on my layouts but they turned out so cute.

We love seeing your work, so be sure to share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using the Link-Up page on the blog, posting the Counterfeit Kit challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram(you can find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and share with the #counterfeitkitchallenge).

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: Creative Imaginations pattern paper for bows; Kraft cardstock; various scraps of pattern paper both double sided and single for canning jars; Various cardstock scraps and vellum
Sequin mix: 28 Lilac Lane - Spring Butterflies and Fairy Sparkle
Glitter: Martha Stewart and Recollections
Stamp: Unity Stamp Company - August 2017 KOTM {never be afraid}
Inks: Distress Ink: Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo and Candied Apple
Punches: EK Success - Photo Labels; Stampin' Up - Decorative Punch, Modern Label
Punch Board: We R Memory Keepers -1-2-3 Punch Board
Misc.: Adhesive, Blending Tool, Spray Varnish, Score Tape, Spray Varnish and Zots

2 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: Your forgery embellishments are fantastic! You are helping to give me a few ideas that I might try!

Doreen Vasquez said...

All fantastic hand-made embellishments!