Sunday, October 18, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - Trick or Treat

 Today is Challenge #2 at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. "Given that Halloween falls in October for Challenge Two we will play Trick or Treat. You need to take three turns and with pick three Tricks (something a little tricky to use) or Treats (something that you love to use) or if you want to combine Tricks and Treats then you need to pick five, from the list below and incorporate onto your layout - don't forget to tell us what you have used!!!"


For my layout I am using the Treat side - Woodgrain (paper), Stencils (woodgrain banner) and Flowers. I included in my kit a couple of different woodgrain stencil, Pebbles printed wood veneers and cardstock stickers (2016),


From my CKC - October 2020 - Sing Me Away I'm using White woodgrain from  Simple Stories Wood and Gingham (2017), Green and gray distress paper is DCWV Old World Stack (2011) a scrap of white cardstock and a scrap of blue embossed cardstock.  


I started by picking the distress inks of  forest moss and carved pumpkin, taping the stencil down and randomly applying the ink. After I liked the look of the stencil I cut it half and made a banner. I used a 3/4" circle punch to punch the distressed green and paper. 

I used the JMH Typewriter font from Dafont.com for the saying that is printed out onto white cardstock. The saying is "How beautiful the leaves grow. How full of light and color are their last days." Which is perfect for this beautiful maple tree just starting to turn.

Then I added a few of the flower elements from the Pebbles printed wood veneers and cardstock stickers (2016)


Don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog and Facebook group to see more inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: