Friday, June 18, 2021

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 - A Rainbow of Color

 Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2. First here is a reminder of our inspiration kit, Coco Daisy August 2020 Backyard Blooms kit. 

Master Forger Tara says "This kit is all about beautiful, bright colors and today I would like you to create a rainbow of color on your layout or card without using an actual rainbow!"  Here are some layouts Tara found on Pinterest for inspiration. 












I included in my Rainbow Kisses kit this month a bunch of flowers and leaves cut from Paper Issues free files. I used their Layered Flowers and Leaves and Laurel cut files. 



I spent a day cutting them out of various pieces of cardstock most of which came from the DVWC cardstock paper pads. I cut one flower and one leaves from each color of cardstock. 



I then started layering them up on a piece of white cardstock which is matted onto a piece of Kraft cardstock. I made sure to save the insides of the outline pieces as I used them for tucking behind a few flowers and scattered around the color family.  As a last touch I added a few of the sequins I included in the kit. The pictures is of the Clematis that is planted in the backyard. It did not do very well last year and I though I was going to have to replace it, but this year is is beautiful.  



I use a few of the leaf branches grouped by color family and made a couple of cards. I stamped the "Hello" and outlined it with Colorbox ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see how the rest of the Master Forgers we inspired by "A Rainbow of Color".


No comments: