Thursday, July 1, 2021

July 2021 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Blog Hop

 Welcome to the July 2021 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Blog Hop. We have some exciting news this month - 3 new Master Forgers! Isn't that just awesome? You should have arrived from our Guest Designer Antonia Sherlock, I have the full hop listed below.  Lisa is our Master Forger for July and this is what she has to say "This month, I was excited to pick our inspiration from a kit club that's been around for a long time and yet, we've never picked it before. I've always been a big admirer of the products and kits that Kelly Purkey has curated over the years and she recently rebranded and renamed her business to the totally apt "Paper Person" - love it!"

Our inspiration kit is the April 2021 New Episode kit. It includes products from the Buenos Dias collection by the new American Crafts designer Obed Marshall which is pretty and summery and full of sunny vibes, not to mention great Spanish expressions. 

The kit focuses on TV viewing or activities/hobbies which I think is an interesting twist for us all which could be a focus for your kit or embellishments.

Contents

  • Two 12x12 Buenos Dias double sided papers
  • One 12x12 Buenos Dias transparency
  • Two 12x12 cut apart double sided papers
  • One 4x6 stamp set
  • One set of Buenos Dias epoxy stickers
  • One set of die cuts













Our Guest Designer this month is Antonia Sherlock. You can find her at her blog here: Home| chasing daylight and on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/antsheartseggy/ or on her You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-HOccRtkSHFci9DWHhWW9Q. Be sure to give her a warm welcome. 

Here is my July 2021 Counterfeit Kit - CKC July 2021 - Stitched Together. I went a little bit rogue on this one. I pulled my pattern papers based on the colors in the "New Episode" kit and a few die cuts that would cover the activities/hobbies based on the layouts I wanted to make. Kelly Purkey's kits are heavily based on the Journal Cards, something that I pull into my previous kits but have a hard time using so this will be a challenging month for me. I picked Journal Cards, word stickers and stamps that had icons and words again about the stories I want to record. Then because I like to make cards I included a few 6x6 paper pads, ephemera, and rubons. 

Paper Page sets:

White and Blue cardstock, Craft Smith - Corner Office (2019), DCWV Glitter paper (unknown), Best Creations Inc - Basic Glitter paper (unknown), buttons and flowers.

Black Cardstock, DCWV Old World Stack (2007), K and I Memories - Pop Culture "Wing ding" (2007), Karen Foster Design - American Hero Collage (unknown age), epoxy military shapes (unknown age and maker) and Sandylion Essentials stickers - Military (unknown age)

Black and White cardstock, DCWV the Stack 6 (unknown age)

Dark Yellow Cardstock and scraps from the DCWV Stack 6 paper pad

Stampin' Up - Sweet Stitches Pattern papers (2005), Miss Recollections Stokers, Doily and buttons

Jen Hadfield Heart of Home paper pad (2017), DCWV Textures and Finishes paper pad (2010),

White Cardstock and scraps from DCWV Citrus Twist paper pad (2009}

Journal Cards, word stickers and stamps: I have pulled in the Ali Edwards Stories by the Month Kits for the month of June. I have pieces from 2018 to 2021 and have everything from word stickers, wood veneer, chipboard, and stamps. Oh, don't forget lots and lots of journal cards. And because those stamps are just not enough I pulled in 3 more.

6x6 Paper pads embellishments are Jen Hadfield DIY Home (2019), Fancy Pants Millie and June (2016) and the die cuts and Crate paper Good Vibes (2017), Fancy Pants Fancy Crush rubons (2007) and Crate Paper Lillian collection rubons (unknown).

Then I finished off with some die cuts. I have no idea from where they are just left overs I added to wax paper. I will be adding some tools such as the ticket, circle and corner rounder punches and some oval dies. 

Your next stop on the hot is Julene, click here. I have the full hop posted below and thanks for stopping by.

1st June - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop

9 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Cindy your kit is very comprehensive and how great that you are using smaller papers. (I need to do that). Lovely!!

kate blue said...

Wow!! I wanna play with this kit!

kate blue said...

Wow!! I wanna play with this kit!

Misty Murphy said...

Lots of great stuff to work with!

Tracey Campbell said...

What an interesting kit you have put together, lots to play with.

Tara O said...

It’s pretty! Great kit!

Tina Campbell said...

Wonderful kit you put together I love that you have it page kits :) Something I should be doing to mine :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

I always feel a bit scrap-shamed when I check out your kit each month! So impressed with how you have a plan for what it will be used for each time & you always deliver (applause!) I have fun guessing what your pages will be about, too :D Great robust kit again this month!

Susanne said...

Lots of good stuff there, I am loving the old SU stuff (looks so familiar to me.)