Monday, September 12, 2022

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - ABC's and 123's

 Good morning, and welcome to Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - ABC's and 123's.  For my layout I actually incorporated both the ABC's and 123's. It was definitely a challenge.  I have no school age kids or grandkids. I picked a picture of my grandson who will be three in December. He went to see Thomas the Train this summer and I stole this photo from Katie.

For my ABC's: A is for adhesive sticker, B is for Black yarn, C is for cut file. For the 123's: 1 tag, 2 is for two trains, 3 is for 3 pattern papers (the stripe at the top, the woodgrain under it and the pattern paper at the bottom. 

I started with the strip paper from my kit and added a scrap of blue woodgrain and blue pattern papers at the bottom of the layout. This is my 3 pattern papers. Each of the pattern papers has the edge distressed - just a bit.

The adhesive label is the cut a part so that I could have a piece at the bottom of the layout (my letter A - adhesive sticker). I tore the striped paper to tuck my tag into (1 - tag, made from a scrap of paper) and added the black yarn to it (B - black yarn). The train is on top of the label with a couple of hearts for the smoke (2 - trains).

I was having issues getting a clean cut on the black adorable (C - Cut file) so I added in a couple of hearts where the file didn't cut nicely for me. A heart on the letter d and two hearts on the letter L.

At the bottom of the layout I used the other part of the adhesive label another train and more of the punched hearts for the smoke.

Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to check out everyone's take on Challenge #1. 


No comments: