Thursday, December 15, 2022

Day 7 - Seven -Swans A Swimming

 Today I'm up on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog with the Day 7 prompt. For more information about our Daily Prompt please go to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.


To find more about The 12 Days of Christmas prompts and how we are doing things this month go here (December 1, 2022, post here - explaining the month of December).

Here is my page kit for 'On the seventh day of Christmas'


I'm using 2 pieces 12x12 piece of white cardstock (Paper Studio), scraps of blue paper, the cut a part sheet is from a DCWV paper pad, various stickers, glitter domes - light blue, acrylic paint - white, distress ink - tumbled glass, a punched snowflake and a couple of snowflake wood veneers. 

I have done both the story and Techniques of a "White background" and "White Splatter" on my layout.

We have had many a "White Christmas" and a few brown ones also. I have done a layout with three photos. 

The top one is not a "Christmas" picture, but it includes a "Snowstorm" that happened in May. We were hiking up to 'M' in Missoula, The Second photo if of the guys making an igloo in our backyard in 2000 and the last photo is of the getting ready to snow board and innertube down the Mountains in Montana, using the snowmobiles to get to the perfect spot. 


I started with a 12x12 white cardstock for my background and tore the other sheet into strips making snowbanks or hills. each strip is inked with the distress ink. I needed something to make the snowbanks stand out.  I used the stickers around the photos, the photo corners on the layout corners instead of the photos and matted each of the photos. I have a few of the glitter domes around the snow hills that are below each of the pictures I spread out the snowflakes, the white one I again used the distress ink. The journaling is next to each of the pictures. I used the acrylic paint with water to make the splatters.


We'd love it if you'd join in. 

As always you can share kits, layouts and projects with us in our Facebook Communityor tag us over on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcdecember2022 and #ckc12daysofchristmas). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see you playing along with our festive fun this month.

No comments: