Thursday, October 5, 2023

Cards and a Layout using Embossing Folders

 I made a couple of cards using my CKC October 2023 - Around Here kit. I started by pulling out the embossing folders and cardstock. I wanted a frame to go use as a background for my stamped image. 


Card 1: I used the Tim Holtz Alteration Fancy Frame on this card. 


I colored the image with colored pencils and stamped and clear embossed the image on the envelope. She is fussy, inked edges, and popped up on foam tape. 

Card 2: 


I used colored pencils to color the image cut around it, added the embroidery yarn and popped up on foam tape. I was not happy with any of the frames and the image. Again, the envelope is stamped and clear embossed.

Card 3:


I used distress ink for my background on a cream card base. Stamped and clear embossed the boots and popped up on foam tape. The footprints on the envelope are clear embossed.  


I made a quick layout with one of the frames that did not work out on the card. I cut the inside of the frame out and lightly inked the raised edges of the embossing. Love how this turned out. I just pulled a bunch of scraps for this layout.


I wish I had thought of inking the embossed part in time to send it with the cards. 


Here is a close up of the lightly inked embossed folder.

Thanks for looking. 

No comments: