Sunday, October 1, 2023

  Welcome to the October Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Blog Hop. This month Leslie is the Master Forger in charge.  Our Guest Designer - a familiar face in our community! 


 Hello, I’m Laurie and I’ve been scrapbooking and enjoying this hobby for 30 plus years. My favorite stories to scrapbook are about our grandchildren and our travels. I live in Central NY with my husband, Henry, of 49 years, our cat, Harley and our Shih-Tzu/Maltese mix, Zoey. We have 3 children and 6 grandchildren ranging in ages 7-21. I joined the Counterfeit Kit Facebook group this past summer and am so glad I did. Everyone is so kind. I truly am excited to have been chosen as the Guest Designer for October and cannot wait to see what everyone else will be creating with their kits.

Leslie has this to say about the October inspiration kit: "I normally prefer not to chose an older kit, but I wanted to use another kit site than the usual plus a color scheme that will work for both ends of the globe in October. Spring might take you lighter & brighter and Fall might shade the peachy/orange to a slightly deeper red on some of your selections. You can trade the flowers for leaves or butterflies for mushrooms!

 Inspiration Kit: My Creative Scrapbook October 2022 Limited Edition

Unboxing video LINK

Here are the elements: 

49 & Market Art Options Aleena/Dramatic
49 & Market Art Options Aleena/Garland

49 & Market Art Options Aleena/Flirty
49 & Market Art Options Aleena/Exquisite

49 & Market Art Options Aleena/Peek-a-boo
49 & Market Art Options Aleena/Full Bloom
 
49 & Market Art Options Aleena/Happy Dancers
49 & Market Art Options Aleena/Alluring Moments

49 & Market Art Options Alena/Laser Cuts
49 & Market Art Options Alena/Ephemera Bits

Echo Park Designer Stencil/Wedding

Prima flower assortment

Prima Happy Flowers chipboard


I pulled out a couple of kits that I had used just a few pieces of before. They have just been getting shuffled from the top to bottom of the pile and back again. Except for the monthly shuffle they have seen no action from the initial first few pages.  My goal this month is to finish them up this month.

Up first are two collection packs from Basic Grey - Olivia and Oliver. They both have a bit of grunge. d Oliver has way darker colors where Olivia has a lot of pinks.   They are from 2010 and its definitely time to get them used up. 

I have no embellishments for them - I don't even know if they made embellishments to go with them. I will be pulling in a lot of card stock for both sets and using dies and punches along with some stamping. I would like to do some double page layouts of Derek and Darcy and thought these would be perfect for them. 

The next set of papers are from Bo Bunny - Bella Rosa (2016). It is not as old as the first two, but again it has not seen any love in a long time.


Besides the 12x12 papers I have the die cuts which are large, some off cuts, a few buttons, flowers (not sure if they are from my stash or came with the kit), smaller tags and black and white arrows. Again, I will be pulling in cardstock for the layouts. 

I do have a few tools I pulled out to go along with these three paper kits. 
I'm pulling in a few of the embossing folders that have a frame on them. I have not used them for a very long time and decided I need to do something with them. I love the frames in the inspiration kit, so we will see that I can up with the embossing folders!

I also have a couple of stamp sets and a old alpha that I thought would work. 

 

I know I will be pulling more as I start to Scrap. I am " Title Challenged" on my layouts, I do have alpha stickers but I tend not to use them so I will be pulling as I need the. I guess that is challenge number two for me - "Titles". 

Thanks for stopping by. Your next stop on hop is Julene -  http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/ and the who hop is listed below.



You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2023).

2 comments:

Tara O said...

Wow!! Your kit is larger than mine! LOL!! I loved both of those BG collections. I think I might still have a couple pieces of paper too. Great kit this month. I hope you share whatever you create with this kit in the group. i'd love to see.

Misty said...

Love the tools you've included. (And good luck with your titles!)