Sunday, November 16, 2008

Santa

This is one of my favorites stamps. I've had it since I first started stamping in Washington State with my friend Bonnie. Because I use it so often I keep a list of who I sent the cards to the year before that has this stamp on it.





I stamped on white card stock with garnet ink and trimmed close to the stamp. I then layered onto gold paper then brown paper. With the dark brown card front cut to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" I stamped the flourishes in gold and embossed with gold embossing powder. With the ribbon I tied a bow and faked wrapping the ribbon around the card. By this I mean the ribbon is only wrapped around the edge of the card front and is long enough to hide behind the stamped and layered image. The layered stamp is them placed onto the card front.






Recipe: Paper: Brown and gold Stamps: Santa Stamp from Rose Crafts, Autumn Leaves Swirls v:1 Ink: gold, garnet Embossing Powder: Gold Misc: Glue, ribbon.

No comments: