Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Reindeer


I have a bunch of large envelopes 7 1/4 " x 5 1/8" to use , so this is a large card front which and gave me plenty of room to play. The white card base is 7 1/8" x 5". Onto this is I layered black and then green card stock.

Then a piece of black card stock with a tan background paper on top. There were scraps from my scrap file. The tan background paper kind of looks like the hooves on the reindeer.

I used the George cartridge to cut the circles of 1 1/2", 1 5/8", and 1 3/4" in tan white and black card stock. I then stamped the holly leaves and berries in green on the tan card stock and used Xmas Red Stickles for the holly berries. After everything was dry I outlined the holly leaves with a black gel pen.

I used the Christmas Cheer cartridge to cut out two of the reindeer one on tan and one on brown card stock. The hooves are cut from black and the antlers are from a second color of brown card stock. The tan reindeer has distressed edges around it including the antlers. The Reindeer is then layered onto a tan background inked with brown ink, white card stock and then black card stock.




Recipe: Paper: White, tan, black, green, two colors of brown and two background colors Ink: Walnut Distress Ink, brown, green Cricut Cartridges: Christmas Cheer, George and The Basic Shapes Stamps: Merry Christmas - Clear Stamps Misc: Xmas red stickles, pop up dots, glue, gel pen.

No comments: