Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dragonflies

After making the butterflies I had to try dragonflies. I used the Cricut cartridge DoodleCharms for the dragonflies. I cut the dragonfly that is on the front of the card at 3 inches and the smaller ones at 1 inch, make sure you use the blackout function.

For my embossing folders I used Tiny Bubbles, Snowflakes, D'Vine Swirl, and Floral Screen working from the largest layer to the smallest layer. For the the dragonfly I again used the Stylized Flowers.









I do not have a dragonfly punch so I glued the dragonfly on the top inside front and bottom right hand side second page.


Now this doesn't look bad, but I wasn't quite happy with how it turned out so I opened up Design Studio and made a card insert. For this I used the George cartridge for the rectangle and the dragonfly from Doodlecharm.


I did emboss the dragonflies for the inside of the cards with Snow Dots to give them a little extra pop.

I cut three extra dragonfly to decorate the front of the envelopes.








Click here for the Design Studio File.

No comments: