Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mary, Jesus and Joseph - Christmas Around The World

The theme this week is Christmas Around the World at Card A Day Blog.  On today's card I made a card front first then layered that onto my card base. The card base is 5" x 10" scored at 5" to make a 5" square card. I then cut another pieces of cardstock 5" square for my card front. 


I started off by stamping my image onto white cardstock then embossing in black. Be sure to leave lots of room around your image is you are using the dies.  I then used the Spellbinders dies, the second to largest die,  to cut my image.  After coloring the image I embossed it with the same die.


I die cut two black pieces with the largest die and embossed one of them.  I have pop up dots between the two black layers to add some more dimension.  I then layered the white and black die cuts.  I added a little bit of pearlized Smooch to to Baby Jesus and Mary's halos.  While this was drying I cut the layers for the front of my card.  Here's a close up of the embossing with the die, not sure how well you can see it.


As I said my gray cardstock front is cut at 5" x 5", the black is cut at 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" and the purple is cut at 4 1/2" x 4 1/2".  After adhering them together I wrapped my ribbon around all three layers and adhered it to the back of the card front.  I wanted my ribbon to go around all the layers but I didn't want to cover up the ribbon on inside of the card. 


For my finishing touches I add a rhinestone to the center of the star - it looks like a pearl here - and a black pearl in each of the corners.

Don't forget to enter the Weekly Challenges at the Card A Blog and stop back daily for inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by.
Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White;  Provo Craft - Slab III - purple
Stamp: Stampin' Up - Holy Tryptch
Ink:  Clear Embossing Ink
Dies: Spellbinders Lables Tree - Largest two
Watercolor Pencils: General's Kimberley - Blue 703, French Blue 770, 716 Heliotrope, White 709, Lemon Yellow 711, Straw 733; Staedtler - Light Brown, Purple, Peach Ribbon: Offray - Aria Silver 1 1/8"
Misc: Smooch - Pearlized, Black embossing powder, rhinestone, black pearls, black embossing powder, adhesive, pop up dots.

4 comments:

Shelley Flores said...

Love it! Great use of color and layers and makes me want to get that spellbinders embossing die!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card and the layout is fantastic. Great Job! TFS

Jill said...

Beautiful card, Cindy. I love the image you chose, and the way you colored it. Thank you so much for sharing.

F.T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.