Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow Day

I made this layout for a challenge at ScrapBookClasses, a group on Yahoo.  We were required to use this Sketch from Page Maps.


I'm still in winter mode even though we do not have any snow remaining. 

I used Design Studio to both design the layout and do a little bit welding.  I wanted to use the bracket from the Elegant Edges cartridge so I welded that to a rectangle from George to create the upper background photo mat.  I just didn't want to do scallops.



I did ink all the edges with either Sea Lavender or Dark Blue except for the snowflake and the white part of the sled.  I really like how the Sea Lavender ink looks on the kraft and brown cardstock.


I used the sled from the Joys of the Season cartridge for the journal spot, and just love how this turned out.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: DCWV carstock - blue; Recollections cardstock - Kraft (for the photo mats); DCWV Holiday Collection "The Christmas Stack" pattern papers; Unknown -scrap of white and brown cardstock
Cartridges:  Elegant Edges, George, Joys of the Season, MS Elegant, and Winter Woodland
Ink: Martha Stewart - Sea Lavender and Dark Blue; Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Misc.: pop up dots, adhesive

No comments: