Sunday, June 10, 2012

Red White and Blue

Hi everyone. Today I'm the designer at the Card A Day Blog, and I'm starting the week off with Red White and Blue, thank you for stopping by.

 Here is what my finished card looks like. I used several butterfly stamps for the card front. Each butterfly is stamped and embossed in a different shade of blue. I stamped the middle butterfly again in red ink on vellum, used clear embossing powder, cut it out and attached it to the card with a Zot.


My blue border is pieced from scraps of blue card stock. I first cut pieces of cardstock to 3 x 2 and attached to the top and bottom of my stamped image.   I then cut two strip to  1/2 x 6, then punched each strip, then attached to sides of my stamped image and trimmed down to size.


When I use multiple stamps in a row and different colors inks, I like to set them up on my card stock to get the layout I like - above picture.  I then use a large acrylic block to keep then in place.  I start stamping with a smaller acrylic block working from the bottom to the top, by removing one stamp at a time, inking, stamping, embossing and going on the next until my row is complete.



For the inside of the card I cut a piece of blue cardstock to 4 1/2x5, punched one side and trimmed down to size.  I then cut my white cardstock and stamped another red butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out tomorrows post at the Card A Day Blog. 

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: 11 1/2 x 4 1/4, scored at 5 1/2
Front of Card:
Stamped Image: Started out at 3 x 5 1/2 and trimmed to 3 x 5 after stamping.
Blue border - top and bottom: 3x2 - cut two
Blue border - side: 1/2 x 6 then punched and trimmed down
Inside of Card:
Blue Base: 4 1/2 x 5 1/4, one side punched then trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4.
White: 3 3/4 x 5

Recipe:
Paper: Recollections - red and white; DCWV- blue; Stampin' Up - vellum
Ink: Stampin' Up - Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Brilliant Blue, Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue, and Riding Hood Red (the blue inks are in order from bottom to top)
Stamps: Unity Kit of the Month - March 2011 {Just You} and April 2011 {small things Matter Most}
Embossing Powder: - Clear
Punch: Stampin' Up - Scallop punch
Misc.: Adhesive, Zots-for the Vellum Butterfly

No comments: