Friday, January 18, 2013

so many THANKS

Hi everyone!  Today I'm the designer at Card A Day Blog and the theme is Thank You cards. Yesterday  at the Card A Day Blog Debi used scraps on her card and I'm doing the same thing today with my card.  I also used a sketch No. 85 from the Deconstructed Sketch blog. Sometime you just need a little bit of inspiration to put that card together.



 
I embossed the yellow card stock with the Woodgrain embossing folder and cut it down to 3 5/8" x 5".  The red pattern paper is cut at 2 3/4" x 4 1/4". I stamped my sentiment onto a piece of white card stock cut at 2 3/4" x 1 3/16" and matted it.  Then I figured how wide to make my banner.  I only had a little bit left and didn't want to measure it wrong, it is cut at 4 1/4" x 1 5/8".  I matted everything onto black card stock.  I used the Bird on a Wire punch and punched the bird in both Kraft and Black card stock and attached it to the back of the red pattern paper and mat.  I added a little bit of embroidery yarn to finish off my card. 



I finished off the inside of the card by punch the Birds on a Wire in red card stock and attaching that to my mat. 

Thanks for stopping by.


Recipe:
Card stock: Recollections - Kraft, white, red and black; DCWV- yellow; Unknown scraps - designer paper
Stamp: Unity Kit of the Month September 2012 {the Vintage Touch}
Ink: VersaMagic - Red Magic
Punch: Martha Stewart Birds on a Wire
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Alterations - Woodgrain
Misc: Adhesive, black embroidery yarn

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Card turned out so cool from that sketch. I get that in my email too and was considering doing a card with that sketch too. Love all the bright colors in yours.