Monday, August 12, 2013

Stars and Stripes

After I made my 4th of July Layouts for the Guy's I had a bunch of fireworks already cut out from making my background paper. (Remember you can click on the picture to see the detail).



I took my white fireworks and misted them in the same colors I used before and let them dry. I stamped the red and blue flag pieces, cut them out and attached them to toothpicks.  The star is embossed with white embossing powder, then cut out and attached to the toothpicks. I stacked the red and blue fireworks and only attached the top part so that a picture can slide underneath them. 



 The yellow firework and the photo mats on the right side are on pop up dots. I punched small strips of the misted paper to use at the top and right side of the layout. I stamped "date" onto white cardstock and punched it out, then layered it onto the orange cardstock.  It is glued to the black punched decorative label only on the left side so that a photo can slide behind it. 


I punched three photo corners out of the glimmer misted squares - top left, bottom left and bottom right.  The journaling spot is another glimmer misted square from the prior 4th of July layout.


I was able to use a few of the fireworks, the rest are in a baggie in my basket waiting for another project.  In case you missed it, you can see the 4th of July layout here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Cardstock:  Recollections - white, black and orange; DCWV - The Heirloom Stack, Kraft and gray;
Stamps: 7 Gypsies - Smash book stamp; Hero Arts - Stars and Stripes
Cricut: Stand and Salute
Ink: Stampin' Up - Riding Hood Red, Brilliant Blue; Embossing Ink
Punches: Martha Stewart - Photo corner; EK Success - Starry Night; Stampin' Up - Word Window, Decorative Label
Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels - Yellow Daisy, Jazzy Blue; Red - home made.
Misc: Adhesives, pop up dots, toothpicks, scissors, white embossing powder

No comments: