Thursday, October 10, 2013

Deer Christmas Card

Today I'm posting for the Card A Day Blog with the theme of Christmas Animals. I'm using a stamp and die set for my card.

I started by stamping the trees twice onto a light green pattern paper then die cutting them.  I used my heat gun to dry the ink as the paper is a little slick.  I stamped the deer onto tan cardstock and die cut him and an extra out of brown cardstock. 



I cut off one set of the tree trunks and used pop up dots between the layers (you can see just a hint of the pop up dots between the layers).  I layered everything onto the red ribbon and the tan cardstock.  I off set the stamped deer with the dark brown cardstock for a bit of a shadow.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cutting instructions:
Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at  8 1/4"
Red layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Green layer: 4" x 5 1/4"
Tan layer: 2" x 5 3/8"

Recipe:
Paper: DCWV cardstock - Red, white and Kraft, Luxury Stack (green for tree); Recollections -  Brown; unknown tan and green solid
Stamp and Embossing Die: Tim Holtz - Holiday Joy
Ink: Stampin' Up - Old Olive
Zig Brushables - Root Beer Float
Ribbon: Offray 1 1/2"ribbon
Misc.: Pop Up dot, adhesive, heat gun

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card Cindy