Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Renovation

I started this layout thinking I would use a sketch and be able to get it one and entered but September was a busy month so I lost my sketch and missed the entry deadline.


I started by matting my photos and selecting various scraps for the strips across the layout.  I cut this felt butterfly in half and stitched a couple of circles onto the page with  embroidery yarn.

I used the same paper to mat the photos and cut one of doilies I painted for my September kit.  It goes so well with the blue striped in the paper.  I was going to use the alphabet stickers on the journaling spot but liked them better on the side of the paper, so I added the journaling spot as an accent. I can always add something later if I want to.


This layout was so much easier to do on the 8 1/2 x 11 size than the 12x12. Since it's for my youngest I didn't add the butterfly and I did forget to do the stitching.



The journaling on the layouts read:
You must have made hundreds of trips down with the wheelbarrow. A week of hard work and we have a patio we can actually use and enjoy.


Counterfeit Kit challenge - September
8  - 12x12 Layouts
2 - 8 1/2 x 11

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper - September Counterfeit Kit: My Mind's Eye - Floral "Grandma", Grandma Stripe
Recollection: Kraft Paper; DCWV - The everyday Essentials Stack and rust cardstock; Painted Doily
Alphabet Stickers - Recollections
Punch: EK Success - 2 Point Flag
Painted Doily: Sprinklers: Boarding Pass - Frequent Flyer
Misc.: Adhesive, DIY Enamel Dots, Embroidery Yarn and Thread, Scissors and Zots.

No comments: