Monday, December 10, 2018

A New Tradition Layout

A few years ago we changed our Christmas routine when my youngest son was unable to spend any time with us due to his job. I didn't have any pictures of our car packed up and the five of us on the road, but I did have a picture of Izzy our Chihuahua standing at the steering wheel of our car as we were checking into the hotel.


I started by pulling a page kit together. It's really easy for me as I keep all my Christmas papers and embellishments in and Iris box - actually I have three of them for Christmas.

Here's my kit put all together. I have four sheets of pattern paper, a few different sizes of labels, wood veneer, and three different alphabets. 

My page came together really quick. Below is my layout, where I used two different  alphabets. On traditions I had to make a "t" as I only had one so I cut up the letter h. I'm trying to get the alphabets used up and I know I don't have enough of the darker blue to make three titles.



I added a rectangle of the dark blue cardstock so that I had a place to put my year and the wood veneer tree. I made sure I had plenty of room at the top of the layout for the snowflake. I used some of the smaller labels for the embellishment clusters.



I had already printed the photo, matted it onto white cardstock and the dark blue cardstock so I added a piece of white and dark blue cardstock to extend it down for the year. I also ran out of the "i" and cut the bottom of the "j". 



Don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog daily for our daily Advent Calendar inspiration. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Papers: Recollections white cardstock, K and Company - Darks Color Basics Paper Pad the dark blue pattern paper, Recollections Bright and Jolly paper pad - three papers
Embellishments: Wood Veneer - trees and snowflakes, DIY labels and Crystal Stickers - glitter dome
Alphabet Stickers: Two unknow - both sets of light blue; EK Success - blue foam.
Misc.: Adhesive

No comments: