Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Christmas Past Layout

Master Forger Laura from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog post about documenting Christmas Past. Today I'm sharing a layout about Christmas Past. I received a small box of pictures from my sister this summer and there were a few from 1985, one of my Grandma Jessie, one of my parents and one of Dale and I. Now I know that my guys do not have these pictures in their albums so I what better way to tell a story than to get them onto a layout.

I pulled out a few papers and embellishments for my layouts. I have green cardstock, a tan linen paper, three Christmas papers, two alphas as I can not make the titles 3 times out of one set, a few silver snowflakes, snowflake dots, jewels and two sizes of Glitter domes. Essentially I made a mini kit for three scrapbook pages.

My Christmas papers have a tan background to go with my pictures (there is tan paneling in the front room at the ranch). I scanned and printed the pictures at 4x6 then matted onto white cardstock with the edges inked in antique linen.

 I used on old Pink Paislee alphabet for my oldest son's layout (which is the alphabet on the top in the picture of my supplies). I sprinkled the small Glitter domes before and after the title and the large Glitter domes as a berry on holly, the center of the snowflake and under my journaling.

For my youngest son's layout, I reprinted the pictures at 3x5, I just did not like the 4x6 pictures so I'll add those 4x6 pictures into a pocket page for him. I used the Basic Grey alphabet on his and my layout.   


I did add in a couple of punches to my kit, a photo corner and a border punch. My journaling is typed and then printed out and I have a pocket on the back of the layouts with the ages of everyone.

I've been following along with Janet at RTS Scrapbooking and she was talking about the band as one of her Go 2 Designs. After watching the video I has all thee layouts out within a couple of hours.

Don't forget to check the Counterfeit Kit Blog daily as we have something new daily.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: DCWV - Holiday Collection "The Christmas Stack" the three Christmas Papers, "Photoreal" 2016 - is the linen paper; Unknow Cardstock green and red.
Embellishments: Crafters Square - green rhinestones, snowflake stickers; Crystal Stickers - Glitter Domes; Unknown felt holly leaves
Alphabets - Basic Grey - Recess and Pink Paislee unknown
Ink: Distress Ink -  antique linen
Punches: Martha Stewart - Photo Corner punch; Stampin' Up - Eyelet Border 
Misc.: Adhesive and Zots

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great way to go back to Christmas Past and bring those stories right up to the present!