Sunday, December 23, 2018

Ornament Tradition

Today I'm over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog sharing an Ornament Tradition I continue with my guys.  It all started when I was little and would make a Christmas Ornament or Decoration. When my boys came along I would make the Christmas Ornament or decoration for them. This story is about a Santa set they received and how it no longer is under my Christmas tree but is in their home under theirs.

I started by pulling a few sheets of cardstock and pattern paper, a couple of washi tapes, blue heart rhinestones and sequins. I added Doodlebug teensy type alphabet stickers and a doily punch.


I added a piece of the stripped paper at the bottom of my layout and then the grid washi tape. The photo and journaling are matted onto the light blue cardstock and then again on the bright blue cardstock.

I added a separate piece of journaling which tells when the photo (2010) was taken and when the layout was made (2018). This is a story I've been meaning to do and just haven't been able to. 

  
So I was having some printer issues and my youngest sons layout has a larger photo otherwise everything else is the same.  I realized as I was typing up this post I had forgotten to put the "Ornament Tradition" on the layouts for my guys. I have since gone back and done this.

Don't forget to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for the daily Advent Calendar Inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am still in awe that you make many of your layouts three times! This is such a blessing for your boys :-)