Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Counterfeitk Kit Challenge - Make It Good

Hello January 2019!! I really don't know where the time went last year, it just flew by.  You should have come from our Guest Designer Meagan Johnson's blog to my stop. If not I have whole blog hop posted below.

Our inspiration kit this month is the Hannah October 2018 kit from Felicity Jane, you can find an unboxing kit here.


and here is my kit - Make it good


I started with two flower papers as my inspiration. The first one is from Simple Stories "Sweetheart" that has more of the pinks in their floral paper

and the second one is from Amy Tangerine "Stitched" which is more of the peach and oranges.


Now for a list all the papers from left to right (minus the 6x6 paper pad)

Simple Stories - Romance "Sweetheart", "Vertical Elements", "Forever & Always" and "Journaling Cards"; Gray Cardstock, Next three are from Amy Tangerine "Stitched" paper pad; Jen Hadfield "Heart of Home" first wood grain, then starting with the diagonal woodgrain paper through the pink polka dots is Jen Hadfield "Best of" paper pad; Basic Grey - Savory; Webster Pages - Better Together "Love Story"; Basic Grey "Frosted Berry", " Clown Roses", "tweed" and Merino and My Minds Eye - Free bird "love"

I did add a few of dark maroon papers which was in the flowers of the inspiration kit.


A sticker sheet from Webster Pages - Love Story, Jeni Bowlin sticker sheet - Homespun Banner, American Crafts Journaling Stickers, Fancy Pants 6x6 paper pad - Office Suite, Die cuts from Simple Stories Romance, journaling spots from the Amy Tangerine "Stitched" paper pad, Chipboard, stamps, die and journaling card from the January 2018 Stories by the month kit, tulle, craft foam in green and off white along with white, off white and green embroidery floss, DIY frames, Unity Stamp Company KOTM's May 2015 for the roses, April 2017 for the bicycle and November 2018 for the flowers, an alphabet die from Honey Bee Stamps and a flower and leaf die from Gina K Designs and of all things a bicycle flair.

Next on your hop is Julene. I'm so looking forward to seeing what she has in her kit.

Full Kit Reveal and Blog Hop:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog: http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com

Guest Designer Meagan Johnson: http://www.thepracticalscrapper.com





Laura: https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea

Don't forget to come back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog on the 2nd for Just the Gist of It and the 4th for Forgeries On The Fourth.

Thanks for stopping by.

Papers:
Simple Stories - Romance "Sweetheart", "Vertical Elements", "Forever & Always" and "Journaling Cards"; Gray Cardstock, Next three are from Amy Tangerine "Stitched" paper pad; Jen Hadfield "Heart of Home" first wood grain, then starting with the diagonal woodgrain paper through the pink polka dots is Jen Hadfield "Best of" paper pad; Basic Grey - Savory; Webster Pages - Better Together "Love Story"; Basic Grey "Frosted Berry", " Clown Roses", "tweed" and Merino and My Minds Eye - Free bird "love" and Fancy Pants 6x6 paper pad - Office Suite
Stickers: Webster Pages - Love Story, Jeni Bowlin sticker sheet - Homespun Banner, American 
Crafts Journaling Stickers
Die Cuts:  Die cuts from Simple Stories Romance Bits & Pieces
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company KOTM- May 2015 {Spread Your Wings}, April 2017 {be my bird} and November 2018 {whole lot of lovely}
Dies: Gina K Designs -A Year of Flowers 2 and Honey Bee Stamps - Be Bold Alphabet


8 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Great starting point with those floral patterned papers. I think you’ve done really well imitating the inspiration & I spy some forging!

Susanne said...

Love that you started your kit from florals, as this FJ kit struck me as being restrained from the florals for a change. I cannot wait to see what you create. Enjoy!

Susan said...

That first floral has most of the colors from this inspiration but that Amy Tangerine paper is a pretty one, too, so I'm glad you included both! also like those detailed acetate frames in you embellishment photo. Have fun!

Julene Matthews said...

Your papers are cool and the embellishments are interesting. Have fun working through the kit.

Clair said...

Ooh, there's a lot to work with there. Such a pretty selection 💕

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute kit Cindy you captured the essence of the inspirational kit :) I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with it :)

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: I like this color twist you've added for your January copy cat kit with the range in orange tones! Such a refreshing set of supplies in the midst of dreary early January weather (or at least where I am)!!! Can't wait to see what you create this month!!!

Lisa said...

I really like the addition of the Stitched collection which I have in my NYC kit and therefore forget I have it most of the time! But that floral paper is very reminiscent of the original. I especially love that you included several really old (vintage) papers - those BasicGrey and the MME! I think I have them all and they caught my eye right away. I'll be watching how you use those - it's always a good idea to bring out those older products and make them up to date!