Saturday, January 12, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge # 1 - Ringing in the New!

Today is the first Challenge on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. Our first challenge is to scrap about something new. Did you get something new over the holidays? Have you recently experienced something new? Are you looking forward to something new this year? You can even twist the challenge and feature some new items on your project.

I have two  new things on things for this challenge. The first is the bicycle planter and the second is washi tape from Heidi Swapp.

I had received this bicycle planter. My hubby knows I love to make wreaths and thought I could turn this planter into a wreath (he knows me well).  I decided to test it out with a few sprigs of evergreen, berries and pinecones. I'm sure it will look awesome when the basket is full. I will probably keep it in the house as I don't want it to rust, which it will if I put it outside.


The red and white polka dot stripe is wash put on a piece of white cardstock then layerd between the two papers. I learned this from Janet at RTS Scrapbooking YouTube channel.


I cut one of the transparency frames in half along with a doily then filled in with some flower stickers.



I stamped the little bicycle that was included in the Scrapbooks and Cards Today Summer 2018 stamp set and fussy cut them out. I finally decided that I would also fussy cut my bicycle from my forgeries and not use it as a journaling spot.

Don't forget to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog as our Guest Designer Meagan and Master Forger Julene has "something new" up their sleeves.

Thanks for stopping by.

January Counterfeit Kit - Make It Good

12x12 Layouts
3- cards

Recipe:
Paper: Basic Grey - Urban Couture "Tweed" and "Merino"; DCWV -Photoreal 2016 stack, Recollections white cardstock
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company KOTM September 2017 { flowers, foliage and fall};  Scrapbooks and Cards Today Summer 2018 stamp set

Ink: distress ink - black soot
Alphabet stickers Basic Grey lemonade and Pink Paislee starlight
Washi: Heidi Swapp - Hawthorne
Misc.: Adhesive, doilies,

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout and that is one awesome gift :)

Lisa said...

A really awesome guy who knows you well with the bicycle planter which is totally cute! What a lovely layout to capture that new item!