Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 - Anticipation!

It's time for Challenge #1 from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. You should have arrived here from our Guest Designer Tara's blog. If not I have the full list below as usual. 

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1 is Anticipation! Lisa says " For many, November is a time of anticipation - before the fun of Christmas begins, looking forward to or maybe dreading - the weather turning colder and winter showing its face, or the year coming to an end.  Or, like me, it might be a time of full of birthdays, wedding anniversaries and family visits. Whatever it is you're expecting, waiting for or feeling excited about, be inspired by the anticipation of something today. 

I love the holidays, whether its Thanksgiving or Christmas. I love the planning of the menu, the change of the season, and even the snow. So for my Challenge Anticipation I'm document the days leading up to our Thanksgiving.

I'm using page set #3 from my CKC - Here and There and the Silhouette cut files from Scrapbook and Cards Today August 2019 freebie. I started by backing the Silhouette cut file with scraps that I thought went well with the papers I was using for both of the flowers.


I love how it turned out.


Then I added the papers to my kraft cardstock and layered on the pattern papers. I did this for each side of my layout. I auditioned several different colors of cardstock before settling on the kraft.


I already have pictures on the left side of the layout. of this old candle holder that sits on my dining room table which I placed a simple wire wreath of pumpkins, pine cones and leave around, the pumpkin candle holder surrounded by the hedgehogs, and my sunflower leaf wreath. I will add my journaling on the black cardstock for both pages. I've started the journaling in a Word document on my computer and will finish it off after Thanksgiving. 

Page two has two 4x6 photo mats waiting for a picture of the table and the kids.  Now the "Home" and "together" have not been glued down in case I need to  move them around a bit. I normally attach the receipts, meal planning (what I'm going to make), ingredient list, and who's coming to the back of the layout.

Now for the Challenge #1 - Anticipation! Hop order:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com

Guest Designer Tara - https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com
Cindy:- http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
Leslie:- http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
Tina:- http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/



We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us.
You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2019).

Thanks for stopping by. 

Recipe: CKC - Here and There
Paper: DCWV - Heirloom Stack, Kraft and Black cardstock.
Misc.: Scrapbook and Cards Today August 2019 freebie. 
Misc.: Adhesive, enamel dots, sequins, Thickers Patio Party.

1 comment:

Tara O said...

I love this idea!! In years past, I've taken many photos of what our Thanksgiving has looked like!! I really like your backed cute file. I am guessing you handcut the pieces for each "hole", right?? Great layout!!