Saturday, December 28, 2019

Die Cutting Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Celebrate Card

Hi everyone! Today I'm up on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog with another card. What do you do when you have a card front you started and a stamped image left over from another project. Die cut the card front. I'm using a die to cut the front of my card and my image will be on the inside of the card.



I started by stamping my image onto white cardstock with Versa Mark Ink and embossing with a Recollections blue embossing power. The image is stamped in the center of a  5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of white cardstock. I trimmed the snowflake paper a smidgen so that I could have a white border around the card front. I added washi tape to the wrong side of the die.


Using the Misti I centered the die onto the snowflake image  then pressed the top down so that the washi take sticks to the top of the Misti.


Using a small metal ruler I slide more washi tape onto the die so that it will stick to the card front.



The card front is now ready to run through my Cuttlebug. Be sure to open the card up so that it only the front layer you are die cutting.



The next step is to align the image inside the card.



I stamped the sentiment onto vellum and embossed with white embossing powder. The sentiment is going to fit on the inside of the card front behind the die.



I add a piece of pattern paper to the inside bottom of the card to finish it off. Now it's time to stamp my envelope. I pulled out a couple of snowflakes and stamped and embossed with silver embossing powder.



My Celebrate card is ready for a note on the side and to be given out at New Year's Day Brunch.



Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget that we have something up everyday on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog everyday this month.

Recipe:
Paper: White Cardstock, Blue Snowflake paper, scrap of vellum and an Envelope
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company KOTM -October 2017 {conspiracy of love}
Die: Stitched Hexagon
Misc.: Adhesive, Cuttlebug, Embossing Powder, white, blue and silver, Heat gun, Versa Mark Ink and Zots

No comments: